Was your child recently injured in Dallas, TX? If someone else was responsible, our lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers are prepared to help you fight to hold them accountable. An experienced Dallas child injury lawyer can help you recover full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our lawyer has over 25 years of experience fighting for families in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We’ve helped countless clients like you recover the meaningful financial settlements they deserve.
No parent should have to watch their child suffer unnecessary harm. To learn more about how a lawyer can help you recover compensation, contact our personal injury law firm in Dallas, Texas, to schedule a free consultation today at (214) 855-1420.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Child Injury Claim in Dallas
In a perfect world, adults would do everything in their power to keep children safe. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Children are often injured because adults are careless, reckless, or commit wrongful acts.
While we hope that these adults and their insurance companies would make it easy to recover fair compensation, that’s rarely the case. In order to recover fair compensation, you’ll have to present a strong case. An experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer can help you build that case.
If your child was hurt, our team at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help build your case by:
- Determining the legal basis for your case
- Investigating to determine who is legally responsible for paying your damages
- Calculating the value of your personal injury claim
- Retaining experts who can help prove causation
- Gathering all relevant evidence
- Providing sound legal advice at all stages
- Handling all insurance negotiations, communications, and paperwork
- Presenting your case to a judge and jury if necessary
Our Dallas personal injury attorney knows the laws in Texas inside and out. We have the knowledge to help you secure the money you need. To get started, contact us today for a free consultation.
Child Injuries: An Overview
Kids get hurt every day. That’s just a basic part of growing up.
On the other hand, unlike adults, young children are often unable to understand the consequences of their actions or appreciate risks. That’s why we put adults in charge of them. When a caregiver, teacher, or other responsible adult is negligent, and a child is injured, the adult can be held financially accountable.
Any adult who is responsible for a child’s injuries can be liable for compensation, including:
- Teachers and school administrators
- Caretakers and babysitters
- Childcare and daycare centers
- Sports coaches
- Summer camps
- School bus drivers
- A negligent driver in a car accident
- Property owners who fail to maintain their property in a safe condition
- Homeowners who fail to keep a pool area secure
- Dog owners
- Business owners
- Manufacturers of defective toys, car seats, and children’s products
- Negligent doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals
Regardless of who was responsible for your child’s injuries, you can count on our lawyer to get to the bottom of it. Contact our lawyer in Dallas today to learn more about how we can help.
We Handle All Types of Child Injury Claims in Dallas, Texas
Depending on the circumstances, various legal theories may be used to hold responsible adults liable when they allow children to sustain injuries.
Premises Liability Laws
All property owners in Texas must maintain their property in a safe condition. When kids are injured because of a dangerous property condition, the responsible parties can be held financially accountable.
If children visit the property regularly, the owner must take special care to keep kids safe.
For example, if your child was injured due to damaged playground equipment at a daycare center, you may have a valid claim against the daycare operators. That’s true even if an adult would have recognized the danger.
Attractive Nuisance Doctrine
While property owners generally aren’t liable for injuries sustained by trespassers, an exception exists for young children who trespass. This exception is called the attractive nuisance doctrine.
When a property owner has an attractive nuisance on their property, they must take special precautions to keep children from wandering onto the premises. One classic example of an attractive nuisance is a swimming pool. Property owners are required to install fences, gates, or take other precautions to keep kids away from a pool.
Negligent Supervision and Security
Schools, teachers, and caregivers must provide adequate supervision. If a caregiver allows your child to wander off, they may be accountable. Similarly, if a school fails to provide adequate security and your child is a victim of assault, the school can be held responsible.
Product Liability Laws
Manufacturers of defective products can be held strictly liable for damages without proof of negligence. For example, if your child’s toy or bicycle suffered from a defect, the product manufacturer can be held liable for any injuries.
How Common Are Child Injuries?
Children are injured every day in the State of Texas. Here are some startling statistics:
- According to statistics published by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 1,187 school bus accidents were reported statewide in 2021
- Between October 2016 and July 2018, nearly 5,000 children were injured in Texas childcare centers
- Texas is the most dangerous state in the nation when it comes to childhood drownings
- Children are most likely to suffer severe injuries when they’re bitten by a dog
If your child was injured, reach out to our legal team to learn more about your legal rights today.
How Do Most Dallas Child Injuries Occur?
Any type of accident can cause serious injury. While children are resilient and often recover, they’re also especially vulnerable to injuries.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our Dallas child injury attorney often represents clients in cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Playground accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Bus accidents
- Sports accidents
- Boating accidents
- School accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Poisoning, including food poisoning
- Assault and violence
- Sexual assault
If your child was injured, schedule a free case review today. You can call our law offices in Dallas anytime to arrange your free consultation.
What Is the Value of My Dallas Child Injury Case?
Before we estimate your case value, our lawyer will sit down and talk to you about what happened. We’ll ask questions about the accident itself and how your child’s injuries have impacted your family’s life.
Some of the most important factors that can influence the value of your personal injury claim include:
- The nature of your child’s injuries
- Your child’s prognosis for making a full recovery
- The cost of your current medical treatment
- Whether your child will require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation
- How your child’s life may change due to the injuries
- Whether your child’s future earning capacity will be limited by a permanent impairment
- The circumstances of the accident and the nature of the at-fault party’s acts
- How your earnings and life are impacted
- The level of suffering your family has experienced
If you have questions about your case value, call to arrange a free case review with our lawyer in Dallas today.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover for My Child’s Injuries in Dallas, Texas?
Depending on the facts, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Past medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Your lost wages while you care for your child
- Your child’s lost future earning capacity if the injury causes a permanent disability
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Special education needs
- In-home assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety disorders
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of a normal childhood
- Damages for wrongful death in fatal accident cases
Do not underestimate the losses your family has suffered. A serious injury can leave you struggling with medical costs for years to come. In the most severe cases, your child’s entire future may change.
Our lawyer is here to fight for the fair compensation you deserve. Give us a call to learn more today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit if My Child Was Injured in Texas?
In a typical personal injury case, a victim has two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once two years pass, you lose your right to sue for damages.
As a parent or guardian, you’re entitled to file a lawsuit on behalf of your injured child. If you don’t take legal action, the two-year statute of limitations starts to run on the date your child turns 18.
Contact a Dallas Child Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Accidents happen every day. When a child is injured, it’s very possible that a responsible adult may be liable for compensating the victim. To learn more about your legal options, contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a Dallas child injury lawyer today.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX