Have you or a family member suffered a catastrophic injury in Dallas, TX? If someone else was responsible, our lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you fight for full compensation. An experienced Dallas catastrophic injury lawyer can help you fight to recover money for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
With over 25 years of experience, we’ve developed a proven track record of success that you can count on. We can help you demand accountability from the person responsible for your life-changing injuries.
Why Should I Hire Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers After Suffering a Catastrophic Injury in Dallas?
Catastrophic injuries change the victim’s life in an instant. Your life may be fundamentally changed even once you have received all available medical treatment. You will need money for treatment–and it’s possible that you’ll never work again.
To recover full compensation from the responsible parties, you’ll need one of our experienced Dallas personal injury attorneys on your side.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re known for going the extra mile for our clients. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. We won’t rest until we have built the strongest case possible for you.
When you hire our law firm to protect your legal rights, you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Help you understand all of your legal options
- Conduct an investigation to determine who is responsible for your injuries
- Gather the evidence to prove your case
- Hire top-rated experts and specialists who can help with various aspects of your claim
- Help you document your damages
- Assess your case value, considering all anticipated future costs
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and defense lawyers
When the stakes are high, you can expect the insurance company to fight hard to pay less than you deserve. Our Dallas personal injury lawyer is up to the challenge. To learn more about how we can fight for your family, call for a free case evaluation today.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
The term “catastrophic injury” refers to a broad category of extremely severe injuries. These are the types of injuries that have the potential to be permanent, life-altering, and even fatal.
Many catastrophic injury victims are never able to work and earn a living again. Some require around-the-clock care in a nursing facility.
We Handle All Types of Catastrophic Injury Claims in Dallas, Texas
While any type of injury has the potential to be catastrophic, some common examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia, quadriplegia, and other forms of paralysis
- Blindness and vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Severe burns
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Complex fractures and broken bones
- Internal organ damage
By definition, these are the types of injuries that will fundamentally change the victim’s life.
Are Catastrophic Injuries Common in Texas?
Catastrophic injuries are more common than you might realize. According to the American Burn Association, about 450,000 people suffer severe burns in the U.S. each year. The CDC estimates that over 223,000 people are hospitalized with brain injuries each year.
In the State of Texas alone, about 5,700 people suffer traumatic brain injuries that cause a permanent disability each year.
How Can a Catastrophic Impact My Future?
Some examples of potential long-term consequences of a catastrophic injury include:
- Loss of mobility and physical disability
- Chronic pain
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Memory loss
- Cognitive disabilities
- Changes in mood and personality
- Extreme cases of depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues
- Development of ancillary medical conditions
- Loss of fertility
- Respiratory illness
- Blood clots
- Stroke or aneurysm
- Wrongful death
Severe injuries can also have a dramatic impact on the victim’s family. Victims are often unable to play a meaningful role in raising children or cultivating meaningful relationships.
If your family member suffered a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligence, you can count on our experienced personal injury lawyer in Dallas to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Call our law firm to schedule your free case review today.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Dallas?
Most catastrophic injuries occur as a result of a sudden and traumatic accident. Depending on the conditions and circumstances, any type of accident has the potential to cause catastrophic injuries.
Some of the leading causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Assault, including assault with a firearm
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber or Lyft accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents and other workplace accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Accidents involving defective products
- Medical malpractice cases
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Sexual assault
- Birth injuries
If you or a loved one were severely injured in an accident, please contact us today. We’re here to offer the quality legal advice you need and deserve during this difficult time.
How Much Is My Catastrophic Injury Claim Worth?
Catastrophic injuries are extremely expensive. It’s important to understand how much your personal injury case is worth before agreeing to a settlement deal.
Your case value will depend on:
- The cost of medical treatment
- The types of future medical care and assistance you will require
- Your age and earning capacity at the time of injury
- The ages of any children or people who depended on you for financial support
- The circumstances of the accident
- The types of life changes you have experienced due to the injury
- Your quality of life once you have reached maximum medical improvement
- The pain and suffering you endured due to the injury
Without a lawyer in your corner, it can be tough to estimate your future expenses. At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our Dallas catastrophic injury attorney is always available to discuss your personal injury claim. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you translate your losses into a dollar value.
What Compensation Can I Recover If I Suffered Catastrophic Injuries in Dallas, Texas?
You’re entitled to pursue economic and non-economic damages. Your economic damages award should cover all of your expenses. You’re also entitled to seek non-economic damages to compensate for the suffering and life changes you will experience.
Examples of the types of damages that you may have suffered include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and loss of employment benefits
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care in a nursing facility
- In-home assistance
- Modifications to your home or vehicle
- Medical devices and equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Loss of consortium
- Damage to personal relationships
- Damages for wrongful death, including funeral expenses and burial costs
Our lawyer will work closely with your family to identify and document the losses you have suffered. We’ll even bring in experts who can help assign a dollar value to difficult-to-value losses like pain and suffering.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Partly Responsible for My Catastrophic Injury?
When insurance companies are faced with the idea of paying large settlements to severely injured parties, they’re much more likely to use tactics to reduce your payout. One of those tactics is blaming the victim.
Texas follows modified comparative negligence rules. Under Texas law, you lose your right to compensation if the insurance company can prove you were at least 51% responsible for your own injuries.
If you’re less than 51% liable, your compensation is reduced based on your share of fault.
Our lawyer is experienced in handling “blame the victim” and other insurance scare tactics. We’ll demand that the insurance company present evidence to back up their allegations. To learn more about how we can help minimize the impact of Texas comparative negligence laws, give us a call today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After Suffering a Catastrophic Injury in Texas?
Under Texas law, the statute of limitations is two years in most personal injury cases. Once two years pass, you give up the right to seek damages forever.
Limited exceptions do exist. If an exception applies, you could have more or less time to take legal action. For example, if you were a child when the injury occurred, the two-year clock won’t start running until you turn 18. If a government agency is a defendant, you’ll have even less time to act.
Rather than let a procedural error stand in the way of recovering fair compensation, contact our legal team. We’ll get to work immediately to preserve your right to compensation.
Contact Our Trusted Dallas Catastrophic Injury Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation Today
Did you or a family member suffer catastrophic injuries in an unexpected accident? Our experienced Dallas catastrophic injury attorney can help you fight for full and fair financial compensation. Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers today to learn more about how our legal team can help. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you never pay attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Premises Liability Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX