Has an insurance company denied your claim for benefits without good reason? Has an insurer in Dallas delayed the claims process, failed to issue payment, or changed the terms of an insurance policy after you submitted a claim for damages?
If so, do not hesitate to call Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers at (214) 855-1420. You may have the right to take legal action against the insurance company to recover the value of your initial claim, damages, and attorney’s fees.
Our experienced Dallas bad-faith insurance lawyer can help you fight for the financial accountability you deserve.
Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers is a vocal and passionate advocate for victims of unfair and unreasonable insurance practices in Dallas and across the Lone Star State.
Led by an award-winning Texas trial attorney, our law firm has earned a reputation for forcing insurance companies to take accountability for their deceitful bad faith practices.
Since our founding over two decades ago, our law firm has recovered millions in life-changing awards for clients like you.
Show the insurance company that you’re not giving up without a fight. Let our top-rated legal team handle your bad-faith action. Call our law office in Dallas, Texas, to set up a free consultation now.
How Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help If Your Insurance Claim Has Been Denied in Bad Faith
Insurance companies have an inherent advantage during the claims process. These are billion-dollar corporations with seemingly endless resources at their disposal. They’re represented by highly skilled insurance adjusters and experienced defense counsel.
These corporations have one goal – to make money. That doesn’t happen when they pay out insurance benefits to deserving claimants like you. So, some engage in underhanded, manipulative, and blatantly illegal behavior to minimize payouts or deny claims altogether.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyer can help you take a stand and fight back when you’ve been mistreated by a Texas insurance company.
For more than two decades, we’ve earned a reputation for being a passionate advocate for catastrophically injured clients and devastated families. We take an aggressive approach to litigation and work tirelessly to make insurance companies consider claims in good faith and extend fair payouts.
When you turn to us for help with your bad faith claim in Dallas, TX, we will:
- Carefully evaluate the ways in which your insurance claim for benefits has been handled by the insurance company
- Locate and interview insurance adjusters, appraisers, accident witnesses, experts, and other parties who might have important information about your case
- Subpoena and analyze internal insurance company correspondence and documentation
- Aggressively pursue a top-dollar settlement for you during private negotiations
- Take the insurance carrier to court if they refuse to take responsibility and issue a meaningful settlement
You’re fighting to get the compensation you deserve after an accident in Dallas. Hiring an attorney shouldn’t be out of reach during this financially stressful time. That’s why our bad faith insurance attorneys in Dallas work on contingency. We’ll represent you for no upfront fee. You only pay if we win your bad faith action. End of story.
Contact our Dallas law office to arrange a free consultation to learn more.
What Is Bad Faith Insurance in Texas?
In Texas, insurance companies have a legal obligation to handle claims for benefits in good faith.
After all, insurance companies and insurance policyholders are under a contractual obligation. You (or a third party) pay insurance premiums to the provider in exchange for benefits in the event of an accident or injury. Under the terms of the contract, the insurer has to consider a claim for benefits openly, honestly, and with the intent to satisfy the terms of the contract.
An insurance company acts in bad faith when it intentionally or knowingly handles a claim dishonestly or fraudulently.
Bad faith insurance practices are prohibited under Chapter 541 of the Texas Insurance Code and are a violation of the common law of the state of Texas.
Dallas Bad Faith Insurance Practices Can Impact All Types of Claims
Bad faith practices can affect claims involving:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability
- Maritime accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
Whether you’re dealing with a car insurance company, homeowner’s insurance carrier, health insurance company, or another type of insurance company, Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you stand up and assert your rights.
What Are Examples of Bad Faith Insurance Practices?
So what do bad faith insurance practices look like?
Bad faith can take many forms, but commonly includes:
- Denying a claim for benefits without a valid reason
- Trying to settle a claim for less than it is legitimately worth
- Failing to investigate a claim for benefits in a timely manner
- Misrepresenting the terms of an insurance policy
- Changing the terms of an insurance policy after a claim is submitted
- Failing to settle a claim when there is no dispute as to liability
- Threatening a claimant during the claims process
- Intentionally delaying the claims process
- Withholding information about the claim
- Knowingly delaying payment on a valid claim
- Failing to provide necessary forms or documents to the claimant
If you suspect that the insurance company has mishandled your claim or denied your right to a good faith consideration of your request for benefits, you should not hesitate to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Dallas. At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our bad faith attorney has decades of experience dealing with manipulative insurers. We’ve helped our clients stand up to these powerful entities and secure justice.
Can Insurance Companies in Dallas, Texas, Deny Claims Without Acting in Bad Faith?
Yes. Just because an insurance company denies a claim doesn’t mean it’s done in bad faith. In fact, insurance companies reserve the right to deny insurance claims or extend the claims process in certain situations.
Insurance companies can deny claims for benefits when:
- The claimant is not covered by the insurance policy
- The damages are not covered under the insurance policy
- There is a legitimate dispute regarding liability
- The claim exceeds the insurance policy limits
- There is insufficient evidence to support the claim
- The claimant failed to notify the insurance carrier in a reasonable timeframe
- The claim was submitted after the filing deadline expired
- The policy lapsed due to lack of payment or other issues
The insurance company can also extend the claims process if there is a need for a lengthy or exhaustive investigation or if there is a genuine dispute regarding the value of a claim. An insurer won’t be considered to have acted in bad faith if they have taken reasonable steps to address a claim in a timely manner.
What Compensation Can I Get if I File a Bad Faith Insurance Claim in Dallas?
Bad faith claims are different from other types of personal injury lawsuits in Texas. You’re fighting to get an insurance company to pay up on a legitimate claim for damages after a serious accident. Additionally, you’re fighting to hold the insurance company personally accountable for their illegal bad faith tactics.
Through a bad faith action, you can seek compensation for:
- Three times the value of your initial claim, had the insurer issued payment properly
- Non-economic damages for related pain and suffering, and
- The cost of attorney’s fees, court costs, and interest.
A court could also award punitive damages if your bad faith lawsuit went to trial in Dallas County.
Our Dallas bad faith insurance attorney will fight to make the insurance company pay for its deceitful tactics. We’ll aggressively pursue the top payout available to you under Texas state law.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Texas?
Generally speaking, the statute of limitations for bad faith claims in Texas is two years.
The clock begins to run on the date bad faith conduct occurred.
So, it’s important to reach out to an experienced bad-faith insurance lawyer near you in Dallas as soon as you suspect foul play. You have a limited window of time to take legal action, and you don’t want to let it pass you by.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Dallas Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer
It can be intimidating to take on an insurance company. They’re powerful and represented by highly persuasive adjusters and attorneys. Level the playing field and force them to take responsibility for their unlawful actions by calling Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers.
Our Dallas bad faith insurance lawyer has 25+ years of experience and a reputation as a top advocate for insurance claimants across the state.
We’ll help you fight to get the compensation you need and deserve. Your first consultation is free, so reach out to our law office in Dallas today.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX