Did you or a family member suffer injuries in a boating accident in Dallas, TX? You may deserve compensation to cover your losses. Call an experienced Dallas boating accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers at (214) 855-1420 for help getting the money you deserve.
Our lawyers have more than 25 years of experience serving clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We’d be proud to stand up and fight for you.
How Can Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Boating Accident in Dallas?
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our clients are more than just files in a cabinet. They’re people–and our Dallas personal injury lawyers have been serving those people for decades. We pride ourselves on offering personalized attention and caring support at every point in the legal process.
When you hire our experienced attorney to take on the insurance company, we can:
- Coordinate an exhaustive investigation into the accident
- Gather and evaluate evidence
- Work with leading experts and specialists as we build your case
- Analyze all of your losses as we calculate your case value
- Provide detailed evidence about the nature of your non-financial losses
- Stand up for you if you’re blamed for causing the accident
- Negotiate with the insurance companies while you focus on your recovery
The skill of your Dallas personal injury attorney can make or break your case. We have a proven record of success you can count on. That said, don’t take our word. Call us today to schedule a free consultation to see for yourself.
How Common Are Boating Accidents in the State of Texas?
Boating accidents reached a 30-year high in the State of Texas in 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the relative isolation of a day on the water became much more popular. Unfortunately, that also led to a dramatic increase in the number of boating accidents reported to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD).
Those accidents involved all types of vessels, including:
- Cabin motor boats
- Pontoon boats
- Jet skis
- Open motor boats
- Personal watercraft
- Mini-jet boats
- Fishing boats
- Cruise ships
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, 238 recreational boating accidents were reported statewide in Texas in 2021. Unfortunately, 58 people were killed in those accidents, and 149 people were injured.
What Is My Dallas Boating Accident Case Worth?
Even when your losses include non-monetary damages, financial compensation is the only reward that most boating accident victims can receive. That’s because most boating accidents happen because someone was careless.
So, it’s especially important to make sure you understand how much your personal injury case is worth before accepting a settlement. Injured parties have only one chance to recover fair compensation after an accident.
When we assess your case value, we will consider:
- The nature of your injuries
- How the injury has impacted your work, education, and lifestyle
- Your financial costs to date, including the cost of medical treatment and your lost income
- The circumstances of the accident
- The struggles created by the injury, including physical pain and emotional damage
- How the injury will impact your future earnings and quality of life
No two cases are exactly alike. If the insurance company is pushing you to accept a fast settlement before a lawyer has reviewed your case, you should be suspicious. Contact our accident lawyer in Dallas to learn more about how much your personal injury claim is worth today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Boating Accidents in Dallas?
While losses will vary from case to case, examples include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, income, and employment benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Nursing expenses
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, including depression and anxiety
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Damages for wrongful death
Our lawyer is here to help you prove the types of damages you have suffered. After an accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to our law firm for the legal advice you deserve. We’re always available to discuss your case.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Causing a Boating Accident in Texas?
It is possible that you could lose your right to damages if the insurance company can prove that you were mostly responsible for your own injuries.
Victims lose their right to compensation once their share of fault reaches 51% under Texas’s modified comparative negligence rules. If you’re less than 51% responsible, your settlement or verdict is reduced by the amount of fault allocated to you.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Boating Accident Injuries
An accident on the water can cause significant injuries. Our lawyers will fight to recover fair compensation for the full range of injuries you have suffered.
We often represent clients who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Back injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You deserve to understand your legal rights after an accident. That’s why our lawyer offers free case evaluations to all potential clients. To learn more about whether you have a valid case, call to schedule yours today.
What Causes Most Boating Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Drowning was the cause of death in the vast majority of all fatal boat accident cases in Texas. That said, accidents happen for many different reasons.
Some of the most common causes of boating accidents include:
- Operator inattention
- Inexperienced boat operators
- Missing or damaged lights
- Failure to keep a proper lookout
- Inexperienced operators
- Careless or reckless boating
- Excessive speeds
- Hazardous water conditions
- Sharp turns
- Violation of navigational rules
- Improperly anchored vessels
- Operating the vessel under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Congested waters
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Mechanical failures
- A boat owner’s failure to provide life jackets and other safety equipment
Regardless of the circumstances, we know your family is experiencing a difficult time right now. Our Dallas boating accident attorney is here to assist in any way we can.
Our Attorney in Dallas Handles All Types of Boating Accident Claims
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our Dallas boating accident attorney handles all types of boat accident cases, including those involving:
- Slip and fall accidents aboard the vessel
- Fires and explosions
- Falls overboard
- Collisions with other vessels
- Collisions with fixed objects
- Running aground
- Skier mishaps
Our lawyer has been serving accident victims like you for decades. To learn more about how we can help build your case, call for a free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Boating Accident in Texas?
Although all cases are unique, most are based on the same legal theory. In the vast majority of cases, negligence is the legal theory that will govern your case.
To successfully recover damages based on negligence, you must establish:
- The responsible party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred (meaning that an error or mistake occurred)
- The error or mistake was the cause of the accident
- You sustained damages, or injuries, due to the accident
Boating accident cases are different from typical car accident claims. Many boating accidents involve only a single vessel. Often, there are few witnesses and little obvious evidence. Our lawyer has the resources to investigate and gather the evidence to prove your case.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After Sustaining Injuries in a Boating Accident in Texas?
The statute of limitations provides a time limit for taking legal action after an accident. In Texas, most accident victims have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. After two years pass, you cannot recover damages for your losses.
That’s not to say that you should wait two years to speak with a lawyer. Insurance companies require you to file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after an accident. Otherwise, they could deny your claim.
If you were injured in a boating accident in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, contact our lawyer today to learn more about the deadlines that may impact your case.
Contact a Dallas Boating Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation Today
We all know how painful an injury can be. Unfortunately, treatment can also be extremely expensive. An experienced Dallas boating accident lawyer can help you fight for full and fair compensation. If you were injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers today.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Premises Liability Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX