Were you or a family member injured while using a consumer product in Dallas, TX? Product manufacturers can be held strictly liable when they sell dangerous products. An experienced Dallas product liability lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
With over 25 years of experience, our lawyers have a proven track record of success you can depend on. We’ve helped our injured clients recover over $100 million over the years.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Dallas Product Liability Case
Thousands of consumers are injured by defective products in the United States each year. Many of those injuries occur because big corporations cut corners to maximize their own profits. They may ignore safety standards or skip safety testing altogether.
You have a legal right to seek compensation from the company that was responsible. If you were injured because of a faulty product, contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for help standing up to the company that caused your injuries.
When you hire our Dallas injury lawyers, you can count on us to:
- Investigate to identify the defect that injured you
- Enlist experts and specialists to prove your defective product case
- Defend you if you’re accused of misusing the product
- Assessing the value of your damages
- Negotiating with the insurance companies for fair compensation
Product liability cases are extremely complex. Manufacturing companies have teams of defense lawyers to protect them from liability. You deserve to have an experienced Dallas personal injury attorney in your corner.
Our lawyers are always here to discuss your case, so give us a call to learn more today.
What Is Product Liability?
Under Texas law, companies that manufacture or design consumer products have a responsibility to make sure those products are reasonably safe. Often, companies don’t conduct adequate safety testing before selling products to consumers.
“Product liability” means that when companies allow defective products to be sold to consumers without adequate warning about the dangers, they can be held liable for damages.
How Much Is My Dallas Product Liability Case Worth?
You deserve to understand how much your case is worth before accepting any insurance deal.
When calculating your personal injury case value, our lawyers will consider:
- The types of injuries you have suffered
- The nature of the at-fault party’s actions
- Whether the defendant knew or reasonably should have known the product was defective
- The cost of your medical treatment and your prognosis for recovery
- How the injury impacts your current and future earnings
- How the injury impacts your lifestyle and quality of life
- Whether others have suffered similar injuries using the product
- Whether you’re eligible to participate in a class action or multi-district litigation (MDL)
- Whether you used the product as intended or directed
Many injured parties accept a fast settlement to get cash in their pockets quickly. Because so many factors are relevant in assessing your case value, it’s important to consult an experienced attorney before accepting. Accepting a settlement offer before having an attorney review your case can mean you’ll receive less money than you really deserve.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys review your case for free. Contact our law firm in Dallas today to learn more about how much your personal injury claim is worth.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Dangerous and Defective Products?
If you were injured using a defective product, you can seek compensation for your financial and non-financial losses. In legal terms, you can recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages.
Depending on the facts, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Lost income during recovery
- Lost future earning potential
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial costs in cases involving wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Other types of emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers will work tirelessly to secure the fair compensation you deserve. To learn more about how Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can fight to protect your right to compensation, call for a free case evaluation today.
Our Product Liability Lawyers Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
The injuries caused by a defective product will depend on the nature of the product and the defect.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients who have suffered:
- Eye and facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Lung disease
- Hearing loss
- Crushing injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) may issue a product recall once a defect is discovered. However, that doesn’t mean you should wait for the product to be recalled. To learn more about your right to take legal action, call to schedule a free consultation today.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in Dallas, Texas
Our Dallas product liability attorneys often represent clients in cases involving defective:
- Prescription drugs
- Medical devices
- Over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances
- Food and beverages
- Children’s products, including car seats, toys, and furniture
- Work equipment and tools, including scaffolding and nail guns
- Building equipment
- Vehicle safety equipment, including airbags and seat belts
- Motor vehicles
- Recreational products
- Batteries and chargers
- Household chemicals and pesticides
- Lawn care products, including Roundup weed killer
- 3M earplugs
- Personal care products, such as talcum powder
- Vape pens
If you were injured due to a product defect, our lawyers in Dallas are here to help. We’ll work to identify the product defect and determine who is responsible for your damages. Call our law firm to schedule a 100% free initial consultation today.
How Do I Prove Liability in a Texas Product Liability Case?
If you were injured in a car accident or slip and fall, you’ll be required to prove negligence to recover compensation from the responsible party.
Product liability cases are handled differently. While some claims can be based on negligence, you are not always required to prove the product manufacturer was negligent to recover damages. Instead, you can seek compensation based on strict liability laws. In these cases, you must identify the product defect that caused your injuries.
Three types of defects can give you a valid product liability claim:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Marketing defects, or failure to warn
Each type of defect can cause a product to become unreasonably dangerous.
Products that suffer from design defects are inherently dangerous even if assembled according to their design. When a reasonably safe alternative design exists, manufacturers are required to adopt that design.
Many different factors are relevant in determining whether there is a reasonably safe alternate design, including:
- The cost of adopting the alternative design
- Whether the product will function as intended using the alternative design
- The usefulness of the product as designed
- The nature of the risks associated with the current design
Design defects impact an entire line of products. In these cases, it’s very likely that others have suffered the same type of harm that you have sustained. Our lawyers are here to help you prove it.
Manufacturing defects can impact a single product or a batch of products. These defects occur when the manufacturer makes a mistake during the assembly process. For example, if a batch of prescription drugs becomes contaminated during manufacturing, it will be deemed to suffer from a manufacturing defect.
Some dangers can’t be eliminated during the design or manufacturing process. Companies must warn consumers about any non-obvious dangers involved with using the product. That’s why products contain instructions and warning labels.
If the company fails to warn about a defect that they knew or should have known about, you may have a valid product liability claim.
How Long Do I Have To File a Product Liability Lawsuit After I Was Injured in Texas?
The statute of limitations in Texas personal injury cases is two years. The two-year clock starts to run on the date you were injured.
In cases involving illnesses that are developed over time, the clock starts ticking on the date you are diagnosed or reasonably should know about the harm you have suffered.
Texas also has a “statute of repose.” Regardless of when you are injured or discover your injuries, you cannot sue for damages if more than 15 years have passed since you purchased the product.
Contact a Dallas Product Liability Attorney for a Free Consultation
Were you injured while using a defective product in Dallas? Our legal team at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers is here to fight for fair compensation. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with a Dallas product liability lawyer today.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX