You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve recently been injured in a train accident in Dallas, Texas. Whether you were on the train or in another vehicle, the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you file a legal claim and demand justice from those responsible. Our Dallas train accident lawyer has the experience and resources you need to secure the substantial monetary award you deserve.
When you choose the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, you put an award-winning Texas trial lawyer with 25+ years of experience in your corner. Our passionate advocacy and tireless pursuit of justice have helped us win millions on behalf of clients like you.
How the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Train Accident in Dallas, TX
Train accidents can be incredibly complicated. Many times, it takes considerable time and resources to pinpoint why an accident happened and who’s at fault. Several parties are typically involved – from the train operator to the private train service to government agencies and insurers.
The process of recovering compensation can be intimidating, but you don’t have to go it alone.
Dallas personal injury lawyer Jay Murray is ready to help you take a stand and demand accountability from anyone who contributed to your train accident.
Count on our personal injury law firm in Dallas to:
- Review the results of investigations conducted by The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and local government agencies
- Coordinate an independent inquiry into the details of your train accident
- Analyze crash reports, train maintenance records, operating records, On-Train Monitoring Recorder (OTMR) data, witness statements, video footage, medical records, and other evidence
- Collaborate with respected train accident experts and specialists
- Aggressively seek a top-dollar payout during settlement negotiations
- Help you make important decisions about your case, including whether or not to accept settlement offers you might receive
- Represent you at trial if the train company or their insurance company refuses to work with you during negotiations
You deserve time to rest and recover after you’ve been involved in a Dallas train accident. Let our experienced legal team take the burden of litigation off of your shoulders.
Call our law office in Dallas, TX to learn more about how we can help. We offer a free consultation and work on contingency, so it costs nothing to ask for our help unless we win your train accident case.
Texas Train Accident Statistics
Texas ranks first in the nation for train accidents.
According to the Federal Railroad Administration, a total of 2,188 highway-rail grade train accidents happened nationwide in 2022.
Texas saw a total of 242 train accidents that year, accounting for 11 percent of the nation’s total.
These Texas train accidents caused no fewer than 30 deaths and another 74 injuries.
What Are the Leading Causes of Dallas Train Accidents?
Trains provide a great way to travel through and to Dallas, Texas. Several rail lines run through the city, including Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) services and Amtrak, providing passenger access at Dallas Terminal Railway, Burbank Station, Cedars Station, and Eddie Bernice Johnson Union Station, among others.
While trains are generally considered a safe way to travel, accidents are still reasonably common in Dallas and throughout the state of Texas.
Why? After all, train operations are heavily regulated by the Federal Railroad Administration and Texas state law. Most often, train accidents happen because someone is negligent.
Some of the most common causes of Dallas train accidents include:
- Inexperienced operators
- Operator inattention
- Distractions, such as texting while operating a train
- Negligent train maintenance
- Failing to inspect trains regularly
- Negligent track maintenance
- Signal errors
- Unprotected railroad crossings
- Defective tracks
- Obstructed view of crossings
- Stalled vehicles on the track
- Defective train equipment
Our train accident attorney in Dallas will dig deep into the circumstances surrounding your derailment and work hard to uncover precisely why it happened. Understanding the cause will be fundamental to the ultimate success of your case.
Understanding Liability For Dallas Train Accidents
Train accidents can be caused by:
- Negligent train operators
- Negligent train companies
- Pedestrians and trespassers on the tracks
- Drivers of passenger vehicles
- Government agencies
- Property owners
In Texas, anyone who contributes to a train accident can be liable for resulting damages. Typically, train accident cases in Dallas are based on the tort of negligence. If you can prove that someone’s negligence caused your train accident and resulting damages, you can hold them financially responsible for the consequences.
Negligence involves proving:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- That duty of care was breached in some way, typically through an unreasonable action or failure to act
- The defendant’s conduct was the direct and proximate cause of your train accident, and
- You’ve suffered damages.
Under Texas law, trains are considered common carriers. Common carriers have an elevated duty of care. Specifically, train operators and train companies must exercise the highest degree of care to provide safe passage for their passengers. Even minor mistakes or miscalculations can be considered a breach of this high duty of care.
Proving negligence can be a challenge. Trust our Dallas train accident attorney to build a persuasive legal claim on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve.
What is My Dallas Train Accident Case Worth?
It depends. Many factors can affect the potential value of your train accident lawsuit.
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Are your injuries permanent?
- Can you continue working?
- Has your earning capacity changed?
- Did your own negligence contribute to the train accident?
- What insurance benefits are available? What are the policy limits?
- How old are you?
- What steps have you taken to mitigate your injuries?
- Did the train accident aggravate any pre-existing medical conditions?
The more your life changes, and the more you incur in accident-related costs, the more you can expect to recover in a related claim for damages.
You can learn more about how much money you might be able to get after a Dallas train accident by calling the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are ready to provide the insight and guidance you need.
Common Train Accident Injuries
Trains can do considerable damage when they derail or are involved in an accident with another vehicle.
Some of the most commonly reported train accident injuries include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Joint injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Degloving injury
- Eye injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Get to the closest hospital to you in Dallas after a train accident. Then don’t hesitate to call the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance.
What Damages Can I Get in a Dallas Train Injury Lawsuit?
When you file an insurance claim or train accident lawsuit, you can typically recover compensation for the:
- Verifiable financial consequences of your train accident, and
- Harder-to-value trauma you experience as a train accident victim.
Our train accident attorney in Dallas will help you fight to get money for:
- Current medical expenses, including hospitalization and surgery
- Future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Nursing assistance
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
If your train accident lawsuit goes to trial in Dallas, a jury could also award punitive damages. However, this is only the case if there is clear evidence that the defendant’s conduct was malicious or grossly negligent.
Count on the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to help you achieve the best possible result when you file a train injury claim.
How Long Will I Have to File a Texas Train Accident Lawsuit?
In Texas, most train accident lawsuits are subject to a two-year statute of limitations.
This gives you two years from the date of your accident or family member’s wrongful death to take action.
You must file your claim before the statute of limitations expires. Once time runs out, you lose the ability to demand the financial justice you deserve.
Set yourself up for success and take the stress of a lawsuit off of your shoulders by calling the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for help right away.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Trusted Dallas Train Accident Lawyer
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve recently been injured or lost a close family member in a train accident in Dallas, Texas. The Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you take on the train service, its insurance company, or a negligent motorist and fight to get the compensation you need and deserve.
Our Dallas train accident lawyer has been a trusted legal advocate for more than 25 years. We have the resources and experience you need to get the results you deserve.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX