If you’ve been injured on someone’s property in Dallas, Texas, you might be entitled to pursue legal action against the property owner. Call Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers at (214) 855-1420 for help. Our Dallas premises liability lawyer can help you assert your rights and recover the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
When you choose Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, you benefit from a top-rated Texas litigator with more than 25 years of experience standing up to tough property owners, corporations, and insurance companies. A fierce and unrelenting advocate for injury victims in Dallas, Jay Murray has recovered millions in life-changing monetary awards.
Show the business or property owner that you’re serious about your fight for compensation. Contact our Dallas, TX, law office to put our experienced litigator in your corner. Your initial case evaluation is free.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Dallas Premises Liability Claim
What kind of evidence will you need to win your premises liability case? How can you prove that the owner owed you a duty of care? What happens if the owner tries to say that you’re responsible for your own injuries? How much is your premises liability case really worth, anyway?
These are important questions, but not ones that you should have to find the answers to on your own. That’s where Dallas personal injury lawyer Jay Murray can help.
For decades, Jay Murray has gone toe-to-toe with powerful businesses and corporations in Dallas on behalf of his clients, winning massive results in the process.
Benefits of working with the team at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers include:
- Prompt and thoughtful answers to your most compelling questions at every stage of the claims process
- An exhaustive investigation into your accident to determine why it happened and how it could have been avoided
- Consultations with leading accident and injury specialists in Dallas
- Careful analysis of accident reports, photographs of the dangerous condition, video footage, witness statements, medical records, and other evidence related to your case
- Strategic negotiations with the property owner or their insurance company to secure the best possible settlement on your behalf
- Aggressive advocacy for you at trial if you’re not offered a fair settlement
At the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients in premises liability matters on contingency. There’s no out-of-pocket cost to hire our personal injury law firm. We only receive payment for our legal services if we win or settle your premises liability case.
Ready to get started? Contact our skilled legal team at our law office in Dallas to set up a free initial case evaluation now.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to a property owner’s duty to protect invited guests and visitors who enter their premises. If an owner is negligent in the maintenance and care of their premises, they can be financially liable if someone gets hurt.
Under Texas law, the extent to which an owner has to go to protect a guest depends on the reason for the person’s visit.
Duty of Care Depends on Visitor Status
Invitee: Invitees are individuals who are invited onto the premises and whose visit provides a business-related benefit to the owner. Invitees, which can include restaurant patrons, shoppers in a grocery store, and fans at a Mavericks game, are owed the highest duty of care. Owners have to regularly inspect the premises for hazards, fix dangerous conditions upon discovery, and warn about potential risks.
Licensee: Licensees are individuals who are invited onto the premises but enter for social or personal reasons. Licensees, which can include people who enter a gas station to use the bathroom, are owed a lesser duty of care than invitees. Owners have to fix hazards that they have actual or constructive knowledge of and must warn about known dangers.
Trespasser: Trespassers are individuals who enter premises without the owner’s consent. Under Texas law, Dallas property owners have no duty to protect trespassers from hazardous conditions on the premises. There are limited exceptions for children under the state’s attractive nuisance doctrine.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win My Dallas Premises Liability Case?
Premises liability is a matter of negligence. So, in a premises liability case, you have to prove that the owner or person responsible for maintaining the premises was negligent.
Elements of a successful premises liability claim include:
- The defendant owned or was primarily responsible for maintaining the premises
- The defendant owed you a duty of care because of your status as an invitee or licensee
- The defendant breached the specific duty of care owed to you under the law
- As a result, a hazardous condition existed on the premises, which caused you to sustain an injury or death of a family member
- You’ve suffered identifiable damages, such as a loss of income or medical expenses
You’ll need persuasive facts and evidence to build a successful premises liability lawsuit. Dallas personal injury attorney Jay Murray has the experience and resources you’ll need to win. Call his law office to discuss the details of your premises liability case today.
We Handle All Types of Premises Liability Cases in Dallas, TX
At the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our top-rated litigator fights for clients in all types of premises liability matters, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Falling object accidents
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Negligent security
If you’ve been injured at a business in Dallas or while visiting another person’s property, don’t hesitate to reach out to our law firm for help. We’re here to listen to your side of the story, explain your legal options, and help you work toward a meaningful financial recovery.
What Damages Can I Get in a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
Through a premises liability lawsuit, you are generally entitled to seek compensatory damages from a negligent property owner and/or their insurance company.
Compensatory damages fall into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are intended to make up for the monetary and financial losses related to your accident, including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Funeral expenses
Non-economic damages are intended to compensate for the life changes and trauma you experience because of your accident and injuries, such as:
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
In some situations, punitive damages can also be awarded. When a premises liability lawsuit goes to trial, a jury can award punitive damages if there’s convincing evidence that a defendant’s actions were malicious or grossly negligent.
The property owner, business, or insurance company will work hard to dictate the terms of your premises liability case. They’ll downplay your injuries and work to minimize your payout. Dallas premises liability attorney Jay Murray will fight them at every turn, working hard to ensure that you’re properly compensated for all of your case-related damages and suffering.
When you trust the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, you put yourself in a position to get a financial recovery that genuinely reflects what your premises liability case is worth.
How Long Do I Have To File a Texas Premises Liability Lawsuit?
Texas imposes a two-year statute of limitations on most premises liability lawsuits.
So, under the law, you’ll have two years from the date you’re injured by a dangerous condition on someone else’s property to file a claim for damages.
There are some exceptions to the rule, but they’re few and far between. If you allow the deadline to pass without asserting your rights, you’ll give up the opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve.
Protect yourself by reaching out to our award-winning Texas trial attorney for help immediately after you get hurt. Our law firm can launch a prompt investigation into your accident, work to gather critical pieces of evidence, and begin to build a persuasive legal claim on your behalf.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Dallas Premises Liability Lawyer
Commercial businesses, public agencies, and private property owners in Dallas have a responsibility to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition. If you’ve suffered injuries or the wrongful death of a family member because of an owner’s negligence, you can bring a legal claim to hold them financially responsible for your costs and suffering.
the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you assert your rights and demand the full value of your premises liability claim.
Call our experienced Dallas premises liability attorney to get started. We offer a free case evaluation, and there’s no out-of-pocket cost to hire our law firm, so contact us today.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Premises Liability Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX