Were you or a family member injured in a car accident involving a bus in Dallas, TX? You could be left with serious injuries. An experienced Dallas bus accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Contact our law offices at (214) 855-1420 to schedule a free consultation today.
Our lawyer has more than 25 years of experience protecting injured clients like you. We’ve helped countless clients secure the meaningful financial compensation they deserve for personal injury cases including Dallas car accidents, truck accidents, Dallas motorcycle accidents, slip and fall cases, premises liability cases, and more.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bus Accident in Dallas
Suing a bus company or public transportation agency can be a complex process. These cases often involve multiple defendants and multiple injured parties. Unfortunately, you may be facing off against a commercial insurance company that will fight tooth and nail to pay less than you deserve.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyer is up to the challenge. We handle tough cases like yours on a daily basis. We know how to protect you.
Hiring us means you’ll gain an advocate who will:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your accident
- Gather evidence to strengthen your case
- Bring in experts and specialists as needed
- Defend you if you’re blamed for the accident
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Fight for you in court if the insurance companies won’t play fair
Handling a complex legal battle can be extremely difficult if you’re injured. Our Dallas personal injury lawyer is here to handle the heavy lifting. Just give us a call to learn more today.
How Common Are Bus Accidents in Dallas?
The public transportation system in Dallas provides a critical option for getting around town. We trust bus drivers and bus companies to operate safely.
Unfortunately, bus accidents aren’t at all uncommon in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 3,737 bus accidents occurred across the State of Texas in 2021. A total number of 1,187 accidents involved school buses, specifically. Over 80% of all bus crashes reported statewide occurred in urban areas like Dallas.
Motor vehicle accidents involving large buses have the potential to be devastating. In 2021, 21 fatal bus accidents were reported. At least 88 crashes resulted in serious injuries. Another 302 bus accidents were classified as “minor” injury crashes.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of bus accident cases, including those involving:
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) buses
- School buses
- M-Line Trolleybuses
- Greyhound buses
- Private charter buses
- A tour bus
- Shuttle buses
Are you wondering where to turn for help after a bus accident? Our lawyer in Dallas is here to fight for the fair compensation you need. To learn more about your legal options, call for a free case review today.
How Much Is My Dallas Bus Accident Case Worth?
The following are some factors that can impact the value of your personal injury claim:
- The type of injuries you have suffered
- Whether you can continue to work in the same capacity during and after recovery
- The cost of medical care and other expenses you have incurred
- Whether you share any fault for the accident
- The level of pain, suffering, and anguish you have experienced
- The strength of the evidence in your case
Many other variables can impact your case value. Our lawyers can offer a more detailed estimate during a free case evaluation.
What Types of Compensation Are Available to Victims of Bus Accidents in Dallas?
If you were injured our lawyers will help you seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Nursing assistance
- Physical therapy
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- PTSD and fear
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages may also be available, which are awarded solely to punish the defendant for shocking or intentional acts. As such, these damages are rare. However, they may be available, for example, if the bus driver operated the vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Causing a Bus Accident in Texas?
Unless you were a bus passenger, it’s possible that someone might try to blame you for causing the accident. Insurance companies have an incentive to shift blame to the victim.
Blame is allocated between all parties who contribute to the cause of an accident. Under the modified comparative negligence laws that apply in Texas, victims lose their right to compensation once their share of fault reaches 51%. Otherwise, your settlement or verdict is reduced by your percentage of fault.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Bus Accident Injuries
Buses are generally safe. However, they are large, heavy, and more difficult to drive than passenger vehicles. Further, many buses are not equipped with seat belts–meaning that the injuries sustained in a bus accident can be much more severe than your ordinary auto accident injuries.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we often handle bus accident cases where victims have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You deserve to be fairly compensated for all of your injuries. After an accident, contact our law firm in Dallas to speak with our experienced lawyers.
What Causes Most Bus Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Even though Texas bus drivers must obtain a commercial driver’s license, most bus accidents are caused by driver error. In other words, they occur because of negligence.
More specifically, some of the most common causes of bus accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced bus drivers
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving
- Unsafe passing
- Failure to account for the bus’ longer stopping times
- Failure to check the vehicle’s blind spots
- Defective bus safety equipment
- Failure to properly maintain the bus in a safe condition
- Stopping in unsafe locations
- Negligent hiring practices
- Drunk driving
- Driving the vehicle while under the influence of drugs
Being involved in an accident can be traumatic. It can be particularly tough to know what caused your accident if you were a bus passenger. Our team can help you determine the cause of your accident. Once we have that information, we’ll fight to hold every negligent party accountable.
Our team is always available to discuss your case. To learn more about our legal services and this area of law, call our Dallas bus accident attorney for a free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bus Accident in Texas?
Proving negligence means offering proof about:
- The defendant’s legal duty of care
- A breach of the duty of care
- Causation, meaning that the breach caused the accident
- The damages you suffered as a result
As common carriers, bus drivers in Texas are held to a higher standard of care than most other drivers. That doesn’t mean you won’t face complications in recovering compensation. Multiple parties may be responsible for paying your compensation. It’s likely that those parties won’t even be at the scene of the crash.
Examples of the parties who may be responsible for your damages include:
- Private bus companies
- The DART city bus system
- Other government transit agencies
- School districts
- Third-party motorists
- Employers of negligent drivers
- Bus mechanics and maintenance companies
- Manufacturers of defective bus components
Bus companies conduct their own investigations after an accident. Our lawyers are here to conduct an investigation on your behalf. We’ll search for any evidence that can help prove your case. All you have to do is contact us today to get started.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit if I Was Injured in a Bus Accident in Texas?
Under the statute of limitations in Texas, injured parties have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. The two-year period starts to run on the date of the accident.
That said, you must take legal action much sooner if the DART city bus system is a defendant in your case. Under Texas law, you must file a notice of your intent to sue within six months of the accident.
The bottom line is that you should not wait to speak to a lawyer. As soon as you can, contact our lawyers for a free consultation. We’ll take steps to protect your right to compensation immediately.
Contact a Dallas Bus Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation
Do you have questions about your legal options after a bus accident in Dallas? Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today. With an experienced Dallas bus accident attorney in your corner, you greatly improve your chances of securing a meaningful financial recovery.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Premises Liability Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Dallas, TX
Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers
Dallas, TX Emergency Rooms
- Baylor University Medical Center, part of Baylor Scott & White Health Emergency Room – 3500 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX 75246, United States
- ER of Texas Uptown – 3607 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75219, United States
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center Emergency Room – 1441 N Beckley Ave, Dallas, TX 75203, United States
- Parkland Health Emergency Room – 5200 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235, United States
- Highland Park Emergency Room – 5150 Lemmon Ave #108, Dallas, TX 75209, United States
Recent Blog Posts
- What Is the Difference Between Negligence and Negligence Per Se?
- How Are Lost Wages Calculated in Texas?
- Can You Switch Personal Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX?
- The Different Types of Negligence in Dallas Personal Injury Claims
- Can You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against the Government in Dallas, Texas?
Our Dallas Client Reviews
See the review here.
Read more of our Google reviews.