Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
Did you suffer injuries in a car accident? A Dallas car accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. Contact our Dallas law firm at (214) 855-1420 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options today.
Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience fighting for injured people like you.
We’ve helped our clients recover tens of millions of dollars in compensation to get back on their feet again after an accident. Our team handles all Texas personal injury matters and has years of experience representing clients in cases involving Dallas motorcycle injuries, Dallas truck accidents, slip and fall cases, wrongful death claims, brain injury cases, and more.
How Can Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Help With a Car Accident Case in Dallas, TX?
The Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers is an award-winning law firm led by Dallas personal injury attorney Jay Murray. Over the years, our team has been recognized by Super Lawyers and The National Trial Lawyers. We’ve also earned membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
We know that a serious car accident can change your life forever. Regardless of the accident or injury, our lawyers are passionate about helping our clients get justice time after time.
When you hire our team to protect you, we will:
- Provide sound legal advice at all stages of your case
- Conduct a full investigation into the accident
- Take time to evaluate all evidence in your case
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Demand full compensation from the insurance policy
- Work with respected experts and specialists who can help prove your case
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
The insurance company doesn’t want you to work with a lawyer. That should tell you how important it is to have an experienced auto accident lawyer by your side. To learn more about how we can work to get you full financial compensation after a car wreck in Dallas, Texas, call for a free consultation today.
Why Should I Hire a Dallas Car Accident Attorney?
It can be challenging to handle a car accident claim, especially if you’re struggling with injuries. Insurance adjusters are trained to find ways to pay claimants as little as possible. They might ask for a recorded statement, request unnecessary records, blame you for the crash, or offer unreasonably low settlements.
An experienced car accident attorney won’t let insurers waste your time or get away with these tactics.
If you have a lawyer by your side, insurance companies will take your case more seriously. That means you’ll likely receive much more compensation than you would if you didn’t work with legal representation.
What is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your car accident claim can depend on various factors.
It’s important to examine the details in assessing your case value.
Important factors that our lawyers will consider when we calculate the value of your personal injury case include:
- The severity of your injuries and time estimated for making a full recovery
- The cost of your current medical treatment and how long you may need future care or rehabilitation
- The value of your lost wages and time missed from work during a long recovery
- How your injury impacts your ability to work and future earnings
- Damage to your quality of life
- Your emotional and physical suffering
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of car insurance available through the policy
- The value of the cars involved in the crash
Our lawyers will work to identify all sources of compensation so that you can recover fair compensation for your losses. Just call our Dallas car accident attorneys for help dealing with an accident and to learn more about how we can help.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
The statute of limitations in the state of Texas is two years. Victims have two years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
This time goes by quickly. Don’t wait too long. Once two years pass, you forfeit your right to sue for damages.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive After a Car Wreck?
Under Texas personal injury laws, you can seek compensation for your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the financial costs you incur due to your accident and injuries, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and work opportunities
- Reduced earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as home modifications and travel costs
- Physical therapy
- Property damage, including to your vehicle and personal property
Non-economic damages are personal to each car accident victim and represent the physical and emotional effects you experience, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
Punitive damages are rarely awarded in Texas. When they are available, they’re awarded to punish defendants for especially shocking actions.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Most accident victims think that it’s expensive to hire a car accident lawyer. That isn’t the case at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Dallas car accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis.
Under a contingency fee agreement, your personal injury lawyer does not receive any attorneys’ fees unless we first win compensation for you. The amount we receive will be a percentage of your settlement or verdict.
Do you have questions about the contingency fee billing model? Contact our legal team for a free initial consultation today.
Can I Get Compensation If I Share Fault For a Crash?
Yes. Sharing fault for a motor vehicle accident is not a complete bar to compensation. However, Texas’s modified comparative fault rules require that your monetary award be reduced based on your percentage of the fault. If you are mostly to blame (51% or more), you cannot recover any damages.
An experienced lawyer from Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you assess whether you share fault for your crash and how that might affect your claim. We can also protect you from unfounded accusations that you share fault for the accident.
Will My Car Accident Case Go To Trial?
Most personal injury cases – including those involving car accidents – do not make it to trial. They typically settle out of court during settlement negotiations.
However, at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a highly skilled Dallas trial attorney on our team. He isn’t afraid to take cases to court, and he doesn’t back down from a long legal battle. If insurance companies or opposing parties refuse to settle your case for an amount that fully compensates you, we’ll represent your best interests in the courtroom.
We Handle All Types of Car Accidents
Some types of car accidents are seen more often than others in Dallas, Texas. We can help if your crash happened due to any of the following reasons, just to name a few examples:
Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving is a serious problem throughout the United States, and Dallas, Texas, is no exception. If you were injured in a car accident caused by distracted driving, you deserve to be compensated by the responsible party. Contact our Dallas distracted driving accident lawyer today to get started.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is a crime in the State of Texas. But even if the driver who caused your accident is found guilty in criminal court, that does little to make you whole again, financially speaking. Reach out to our trusted Dallas drunk driving accident attorney today to learn about your legal options for compensation.
Drivers must pay close attention when proceeding through an intersection. Whether it’s making a turn or making sure not to run a red light, there’s a lot that can go wrong. Look no further than Jay Murray Law Group if you’re looking for an experienced Dallas intersection crash lawyer to help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions.
Left-turn car accidents usually come down to driver error in terms of yielding the right-of-way. Under Texas personal injury law, drivers have a duty of care to obey the rules of the road and to drive safely. When they fail to do so and cause a crash as a result, they may be liable for the resulting damages. Set up a free consultation with our Dallas left-turn accident lawyer for legal advice as to your next steps.
Speeding and other aggressive driving behaviors occur far too frequently in Dallas. Breaking the speed limit could be considered negligence per se, possibly making it easier to assert your claim and recover damages from the responsible driver. Our Dallas speeding accident attorney at Jay Murray Law Group can help you through the long process. Call today to set up your free case review.
The above is just a snapshot of the types of car accident cases we can help you with in Dallas, Texas. Since the state has “at-fault” car insurance rules, you’ll likely be able to file a claim directly against the driver who caused your crash for compensation. Learn about your best legal course of action today by reaching out to our personal injury law firm.
Who Could Be Liable for My Injuries Resulting from a Car Accident?
Any party that contributed to your crash can be liable for your damages. Sometimes, that means multiple parties can share responsibility.
Some potentially liable parties that could be named as a defendant in a car accident case include:
- Other drivers
- Trucking companies
- Employers of negligent employees
- Manufacturers of defective cars
- Government entities
Typically, another driver will be at fault for a motor vehicle collision. However, that’s not always the case. It’s crucial to pinpoint the cause of your crash so that you can identify the liable parties. That’s where our car accident attorney in Dallas can help. Contact us today for help with your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Dallas?
You should take certain steps if you’ve been injured in an accident in Dallas. These steps can help you protect your health and the legal claim that results.
- Contact 911. Texas law requires drivers to call 911 if they’ve been involved in an accident that results in injury, death, or significant property damage. The dispatcher can send EMS and police officers to the scene.
- Exchange information. Exchange contact and insurance information with the at-fault driver. You should also obtain contact info for any witnesses to the accident.
- Cooperate with police officers. Law enforcement officers will respond to the accident. This results in them creating an accident report with key details about the crash. You may use this report as part of your injury claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention. You should seek prompt medical care after your accident, either by visiting the hospital in an ambulance or by following up with your medical provider. This step will ensure you obtain treatment for visible and hidden injuries — and prevent the at-fault parties from claiming you failed to mitigate your damages.
Lastly, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer for help navigating your injury claim. Your attorney will work to handle all aspects of your case, from investigating and gathering evidence to calculating damages and negotiations.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Whether your collision was a hit-and-run accident or a distracted driving accident, car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries.
Our lawyers at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers often represent clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you have questions about your legal rights, contact our Dallas car accident law firm for a free case review today.
Choosing the Right Car Accident Lawyer
Choosing the right car crash lawyer can make a world of difference in your case. The skill of your attorney can influence every part of your claim, including investigations, negotiations, litigation, and results. It will also impact how the insurance company responds to your claim — an experienced attorney won’t let them bully you or give you reduced compensation.
You should consider hiring a local legal professional with the following qualities:
- An attorney that devotes 100% of their practice to car accidents and personal injury and has years of legal experience
- An attorney who has a successful track record of recovering damages and losses for injured clients
- An attorney who has experience handling all types of car accident cases (multi-car accidents, rollovers, etc.) involving all types of injuries, including brain and spinal cord injuries
- An attorney who has been recognized by their peers and top legal rating services
- An attorney who has positive ratings from former clients who needed injury representation
Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to learn how we can help with your legal issues and protect your rights.
What Does the Car Accident Claim Process Look Like?
The car accident claim process begins when you initiate an injury claim with an insurance company — usually the insurance company for the at-fault driver. Once the insurance company receives your claim, it will assign an adjuster to investigate your claim.
The adjuster may ask you for information or documentation to determine whether the insurance company is liable for your injuries.
After reviewing the evidence, the adjuster will either accept the claim, deny the claim, or offer a reduced settlement, depending on the facts. If the insurance company fails to offer full compensation for your damages, you (and your injury lawyer) may be able to negotiate for a higher sum.
However, you may have to initiate a lawsuit if the insurance company denies or refuses to pay fair compensation for your claim. A lawsuit will present you with the opportunity to recover all your damages after the accident.
How to Deal With Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are large, well-resourced companies that have tried-and-true strategies for reducing the value of your claim. Therefore, you should take certain steps when dealing with insurers.
- Do not accept the insurance company’s first settlement offer. Often, insurers will offer you a quick settlement in hopes that you will release them from liability before you speak to a lawyer and before you know the true value of your claim.
- Do not agree to give a recorded statement to the insurance company. Insurance adjusters may ask misleading questions designed to trip you up and obtain a statement that they can use against you later.
- Do not agree to sign a medical records release. Insurance companies may ask you to sign a medical records release so they can obtain more information about your injury. However, they may use this release to fish through your medical records and search for preexisting conditions that they could use to devalue your claim.
- Let your lawyer handle all negotiations and communications with the insurance company. Your lawyer can use their skills and experience to protect you from the insurance company’s underhanded tactics and put you in position to get the most from your claim.
Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers and let us deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
Car Accident Statistics and Common Causes in Dallas
Motor vehicle accidents are extremely common in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Dallas is also growing rapidly, meaning that the rate of car accidents in the area is only likely to increase as the city streets become more congested.
Across this city, 35,355 car accidents were reported to the Texas Department of Transportation in 2021. That means about 97 car crashes happen in Dallas every single day.
These crashes included:
- 206 fatal accidents that killed 227 victims
- Crashes that caused 1,284 serious injuries
- 5,333 suspected minor injuries
- 9,639 auto accidents that may have caused injuries
If you lost a loved one or suffered injuries in a car wreck, our lawyers are here to help. Call the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about your legal right to seek compensation from the at-fault party today.
Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Dallas, TX
Some roads and intersections are more dangerous than others.
In Dallas, some of the most dangerous intersections are:
- TX-348/Northwest Hwy. at the exit from TX-Loop 12 (17 accidents)
- Lancaster Rd. at the exit from I-20 (16 accidents)
- Royal Lane at the exit from US-75 (16 accidents)
- Elm St. and Griffin Blvd (14 accidents)
- The interchange between I-30 and TX-Loop 12 (14 accidents)
- Wheatland Rd. at the exit from US-67 (12 accidents)
Hampton Road is one of the most dangerous roads in Dallas, with three dangerous intersections.
Contact a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Did you or a loved one sustain injuries in a car accident?
A Dallas car accident lawyer can make a world of difference when it comes to recovering fair compensation for your losses.
Contact the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
Auto Repair Local Shops
- Al’s Auto Repair Shop – 2111 Fort Worth Ave #1812, Dallas, TX 75211
- Knapp Auto Repair – 6606 Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75231
- Ross Auto & Tire Shop – 5034 Ross Ave, Dallas, TX 75206
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Recent Car Accident Blog Posts
- Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Minor Car Accident?
- FAQs: Car Accident Reports in Texas
- How Expensive Is It To Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Read more of our client reviews here.