Traffic control devices are often installed at intersections to help regulate the flow of traffic. However, intersections can be complicated to navigate and are a common location for car accidents throughout Dallas, TX.
If you were recently involved in an intersection crash caused by someone else’s negligence, the Dallas intersection crash lawyers at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
You may be entitled to compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffered. Our Dallas car accident lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case review at (214) 855-1420.
Why Do I Need a Dallas Car Accident Attorney After an Intersection Crash?
Intersection crashes can be confusing. Multiple drivers may be involved in the accident – all with their own version of events. It is often important to obtain objective evidence to establish how the accident occurred and who is responsible for the damages you suffered.
Additionally, intersection collisions may result in serious injuries, so you will probably need help with your claim.
At the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 25 years of legal experience, and we have recovered millions of dollars for our deserving clients. When you hire our firm in Dallas, Texas, you’ll work with a skilled car accident attorney from start to finish. We are available 24/7 to answer your call.
Once you hire our Dallas intersection crash attorneys, you can count on us to:
- Fully investigate your case with the help of our full-time investigator
- Gather evidence about how the accident occurred and how it has impacted you
- Communicate with insurance companies on your behalf and protect your rights at every turn
- Work with experts, as necessary, to further develop your case
- Negotiate for a fair settlement or take your case to trial
If you need help with your car accident claim, contact our Dallas personal injury lawyers for a free consultation.
How Common Are Intersection Accidents in Dallas, TX?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, about 40% of all accidents occur at intersections. In urban areas, these accidents can account for half of all accidents.
The Texas Department of Transportation reports there were over 35,000 accidents reported in Dallas in 2021, equating to approximately 17,500 wrecks occurring at Dallas intersections.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration, seven fatal crashes and over 1,000 injury crashes occur every day at signalized intersections in the United States.
Why Are Intersections Dangerous in Dallas?
What makes intersections so dangerous?
Here are a few key reasons why crashes are so common at intersections:
- Number of vehicles – Many vehicles converge at intersections. This means that people are vulnerable to the mistakes and careless actions of other drivers, including drinking and driving, texting and driving, speeding, following too closely, or breaking traffic rules. There may be a lot of traffic and little room to maneuver to avoid a crash.
- Other road users – Intersections include other road users like pedestrians and cyclists, which can create additional dangers. Drivers may not pay attention to pedestrians walking across a crosswalk or may even weave around another vehicle that is stopping for pedestrians.
- Unfamiliarity with traffic laws – Not all drivers are familiar with traffic laws. They may not know which driver has the right-of-way or when they can make a turn. They may not know how to interact with pedestrians or bicyclists. Accidents are more likely to occur when road users do not understand or follow traffic rules.
- Turns – Drivers may execute turns at intersections. Turns, especially left turns, are one of the most dangerous driving maneuvers. Drivers who do not yield to oncoming traffic may cause crashes at intersections.
- Aggressive driving – Dallas drivers may become more aggressive in heavy traffic. They may try to beat red lights or weave around other vehicles because they are in a hurry.
Although these factors can make intersections more dangerous, it’s no excuse for careless driving.
Who Is Responsible For an Intersection Crash in Dallas, TX?
Intersection accidents can be caused by various reasons.
Anyone who contributes to an accident can potentially be held responsible, which may include:
- Other motorists
- Truck drivers
- Transit companies
- Manufacturers of dangerous products
- Government agencies responsible for designing or maintaining the roadway
Because so many different parties could contribute to an accident, it’s important to investigate the accident and determine who was at fault for it. An experienced Dallas car accident lawyer can review the accident report, interview witnesses, analyze crash data, and review other evidence to help determine who is responsible for your damages.
Compensation That Can Be Recovered After a Dallas Intersection Crash
Texas law allows you to recover compensation for the losses you experienced in an accident, which might include:
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Permanent disability, disfigurement, and/or scarring
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
Contact our team today to learn what your Dallas car accident case might be worth.
How Much Does a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
At the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we know you weren’t expecting to be involved in a car accident and don’t want you to have to go through any other surprises. Therefore, we create a clear payment structure for our clients.
This is how our structure differs:
- We don’t charge any upfront legal fees or court costs like many other firms do. We will handle these expenses for you and only deduct them if we recover compensation for you.
- We do not charge for investigative work and employ a full-time investigator to assist with cases. Many other firms outsource and then bill clients for these services.
- We charge a 28% contingency fee rate if you mention this website and your case settles without litigation, which is significantly lower than many other attorneys charge.
If you have any questions, reach out to our Dallas law office today. We would love to help.
Contact a Dallas Car Accident Attorney If You Were Hurt in an Intersection Crash
If you were hurt in an accident, contact our Dallas intersection crashes attorneys to schedule a free consultation. We can explain your legal rights and options during your case review. The team at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We can fight to pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Call us today to get started.
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Dallas, Texas?
- U-Turn Accidents
- Texas Child Car Seat Laws
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Dallas Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Dallas, TX?
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Distracted Driving
- Road Defects in Dallas, Texas
- DUI Accidents