Were you injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s speeding in Dallas, TX? If so, they should be held responsible for your resulting losses, including medical bills, loss of income, and pain. The best way to recover the compensation you need is by enlisting the assistance of an experienced attorney.
A Dallas speeding accident lawyer at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers will fight insurance companies, protect your rights, and pursue a fair outcome. We’re dedicated to seeking justice for our injured clients, and we’ve secured hundreds of millions of dollars for accident victims throughout Texas.
Focus on recovering from your car accident injuries, and let us take on your legal burden. Contact our law firm at (214) 855-1420 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Dallas, Texas.
How Can a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer at
the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Collision Caused By Speeding?
Obtaining fair compensation after a collision can take considerable time, effort, and resources. The insurance company may make a quick offer, but it will likely be lower than the actual value of your damages.
An experienced Dallas car accident attorney will know when an offer is inadequate. Although it’s ultimately your decision whether to accept a settlement, you need to understand what your case is worth so that you receive an amount that fully compensates you.
Here at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our primary goal is to make you whole again after your speeding crash. We want you to obtain the compensation needed for your medical treatment and future requirements, such as physical therapy.
When you hire our Dallas injury attorneys after a speeding accident, we’ll:
- Investigate the crash to determine crucial details
- Provide consistent communication throughout the process
- Gather evidence and consult experts as necessary to strengthen your case
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters, defense attorneys, and others and handle all paperwork
- Protect your interests throughout the case and take the matter to court, if necessary
There’s no upfront cost to obtain preliminary advice and hire our law firm. We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if we secure a monetary award for you – no strings attached. Call today to discuss your car accident with an experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer.
What Makes Speeding So Dangerous?
Speeding is a risky driving behavior that accounts for nearly 30% of all motor vehicle fatalities. Speeding includes exceeding the speed limit, racing, and driving too fast for weather or traffic conditions.
Driving at excessive speeds is especially risky due to the following factors:
- Less reaction time if a dangerous or unexpected situation arises
- A reduction in the effectiveness of safety infrastructure, like barriers and guardrails
- An increased vehicle stopping distance
- Diminished benefits of vehicle safety features, such as seat belts and airbags
- An increase in crash severity due to a more forceful impact
- A greater likelihood of losing control
Although speed limits are implemented to protect road users, they aren’t always followed, resulting in catastrophic consequences.
Common Injuries Sustained in Speeding Accidents in Dallas
Because speeding collisions involve higher crash energy, they can result in severe injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Nerve damage
- Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Back injuries
The most catastrophic speeding accidents can cause wrongful death.
How Do I Prove My Dallas Speeding Accident Case?
To prove your Dallas car accident claim, you must gather evidence showing that the other driver was at fault.
This typically requires demonstrating the following elements of negligence:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care to drive carefully and avoid collisions
- They breached their duty by speeding, which violates the Texas Transportation Code
- The other driver’s excessive speed directly caused the crash
- You sustained damages, like financial losses and chronic pain
To prove negligence in your speeding accident claim, the following types of evidence will be helpful:
- Police report
- Issuance of traffic citations to the other driver for speeding violations
- Surveillance camera footage
- Photos and video of the accident scene and property damage
- Eyewitness statements
- Evidence showing skid marks and road debris
Our car accident lawyer in Dallas will help you gather the necessary evidence to prove that the other driver’s speeding caused the accident and your injuries.
What Damages Can I Receive After a Speeding Accident in Dallas, Texas?
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Chronic pain
- Permanent impairment
- Diminished quality of life
Our experienced car accident attorney will identify all the ways the crash affected your life and fight for an amount that fully covers your losses.
What Is the Deadline To File a Lawsuit After a Speeding Accident in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations gives most people two years from the speeding accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit. If the collision was fatal, the clock starts on the date of the victim’s death.
If you miss the deadline that applies to your Dallas personal injury claim, you’ll lose your right to recover compensation from the at-fault individual. That’s why it’s crucial to seek legal guidance from an experienced car accident attorney in Dallas as soon as possible.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our Experienced Car Accident Law Firm in Dallas
If you were injured in a crash caused by someone else’s excessive speed, they should be held accountable for your losses. We’ll help you prove that their reckless driving led to your accident and injuries.
Contact a Dallas speeding accident lawyer at the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation to learn how we can help with your pursuit of compensation.
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- How Long Will My Car Accident Take To Settle in Dallas, TX?
- Dallas Intersection Crashes
- Left-Turn Accident
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Dallas, Texas?
- Distracted Driving
- U-Turn Accidents
- Texas Child Car Seat Laws
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Dallas Car Accident FAQs
- Road Defects in Dallas, Texas
- DUI Accidents