When people are injured in a car accident, they don’t want to haggle with the insurance company for compensation. They have medical bills piling up, they may be unable to work due to their injuries, and they need compensation now. Our Dallas car accident attorneys understand how stressful this can be.
Dealing with the insurance company can be stressful if you’re not represented by a qualified Dallas, TX, personal injury attorney. Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers has been helping accident injury victims navigate the claims process for over 25 years.
If you were hurt in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, trust us to get the justice you deserve. Call us today at (214) 855-1420 so we can arrange to meet for a free consultation where you’ll tell us your story, and we’ll tell you how we can get you through this difficult time.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Dallas, Texas, Car Accident
Car accidents in Dallas, Texas, come with a physical and emotional price. They can also come with an enormous financial cost. Our Dallas injury attorneys believe that when someone’s carelessness causes you harm, you shouldn’t have to shoulder a single dollar of the financial burden.
We work hard to ensure that the insurance company pays you the fair value of your case. That takes dedication, attention to detail, and a willingness to push back against insurance companies who only care about their own financial well-being.
Before we sit down at the negotiation table with the insurance company, we thoroughly prepare ourselves by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your car accident by reviewing the police report, witness statements, and video of the accident if it’s available
- Taking a deep dive into your medical records to understand the seriousness and extent of your injuries
- Precisely calculating the value of your claim
- Establish the liability of each and every person who contributed to your injuries
By arming ourselves with the law and the facts of the case, we can protect you against bad faith negotiation tactics by the insurance company. If the insurance company insists on putting their interests over your physical and financial health, we’ll get your case in front of a jury.
Our high ethical standards and work ethic have brought in millions of dollars of life-changing compensation for our clients. Call us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers will fight for justice for you.
Factors That May Affect How Long It’ll Take To Settle Your Dallas Car Accident Claim
Dallas is a big, bustling city with nearly 1.3 million people. It’s not too surprising, then, that Dallas has its share of car accidents. In 2021, there were a total of 35,366 car crashes in Dallas that resulted in 229 deaths and thousands of injuries.
If you were injured in a Dallas car crash, one of the first things you’ll probably want to know is how long it will take to settle your claim with the insurance company. Because each accident and the injuries they cause are different, the length of time insurance claims take to settle can vary wildly.
There are several factors that determine how long it will take to settle your Dallas car accident claim, such as:
- If you suffered severe injuries like traumatic brain damage, it may take longer to understand what your damages are, which could prolong the claims process.
- If liability is unclear, it may take longer to investigate the accident to determine who was at fault.
- If the insurance company engages in unscrupulous conduct, that can drag out the claim settlement process.
In order to recover a fair settlement, it’s important not to rush the process. The insurance company may offer you a fast settlement. While the lure of fast money may be attractive, you should beware because, in many cases, it will be a lowball amount.
If My Dallas Car Accident Claim Doesn’t Settle, How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit?
Approximately 95% of all personal injury cases settle before ever going to trial. But if your Dallas car accident claim doesn’t settle because the insurance company refuses to pay you fair compensation, you will have to file a lawsuit.
Under Texas’s statute of limitations, you generally have two years to sue for your injuries. The clock begins to run from the date of the accident. If the car accident resulted in the death of your family or loved one, you have two years from the date of their passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Two years seems like plenty of time, but it’s important that you begin asserting your legal rights as soon as you can. As time passes by, important evidence can get lost, and memories become less reliable.
Call A Dallas Car Crash Lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Evaluation of Your Dallas Car Accident Claim
Car accidents are costly in many ways. They cause you physical harm, emotional trauma, and monetary pain. If you’ve been injured in a Dallas car accident, we may not be able to take your physical suffering from you, but we can help relieve the financial stress.
Start taking back your life by calling Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers today at (214) 855-1420 to schedule a free, no-risk consultation. We’ll give you honest, straightforward answers to your questions and help you through the car accident claim process in Dallas, Texas.
- How Long Will My Car Accident Take To Settle in Dallas, TX?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Dallas, Texas?
- U-Turn Accidents
- Texas Child Car Seat Laws
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Dallas Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Dallas, TX?
- When Do You Need to Hire a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer?
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Dallas Intersection Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Distracted Driving
- Road Defects in Dallas, Texas
- Speeding Accidents
- DUI Accidents