Have you been injured in a recent workplace accident in Dallas, Texas? If so, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the costs of your medical treatment, lost wages, and suffering. An experienced Dallas workplace accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
Since 1995, Texas trial attorney Jay Murray has been a champion of injured workers and devastated families in Dallas. His goal is simple: to make sure that employers and insurance companies know that they’re not above the law and that they properly compensate his clients for their job-related injuries. Through dedication and hard work, he’s won over $110 million in personal injury cases like yours.
Don’t let your employer or anyone else push you around or minimize the seriousness of your workplace injuries. Take a stand and hold them accountable for the harm you’ve suffered. Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers by calling (214) 855-1420 and put an award-winning litigator in your corner today. Your first consultation is free.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Injured While Working in Dallas, TX
What are your options for recovering compensation after a workplace accident in Dallas? Who’s liable for the financial costs related to your accident? What about the pain and suffering you’ve experienced since you got hurt? What happens when you’re getting blamed for your work-related injuries?
In truth, the answers to these questions will depend on who you work for and whether they opted into the state’s workers’ compensation insurance system. They’ll also depend on how and why you got hurt on the job.
Dallas injury lawyer Jay Murray is here to help you to get the answers – and results – you need.
When you choose Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, you benefit from an attorney who’s been handling complex workplace litigation matters for over 25 years. You benefit from a compassionate legal team that’s dedicated to making sure that you get the best service and have every opportunity to get the money you deserve.
Take advantage of this time to rest and recover while we:
- Conduct an independent investigation into your workplace accident
- Analyze evidence related to your case, including OSHA safety violations, photographs of unsafe working conditions, witness statements, equipment inspection and maintenance records, vehicle maintenance records, video footage, medical records, accident reports, and more
- Identify all potential options for financial recovery – which might include a claim for workers’ compensation and/or a lawsuit against a responsible third party
- Prepare and submit necessary legal documents with your employer and/or the court on your behalf
- Handle settlement negotiations with your employers, negligent parties, and/or an insurance company
- Offer advice and guidance when it’s time to make important decisions about the future of your workplace injury case
If there’s pushback during negotiations or if you don’t receive a fair settlement offer, the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers will be more than ready to litigate your workplace injury case at trial.
We understand that money can be really tight after you get hurt on the job, especially if you can’t work at all. To help limit the stress you’re under right now, our law firm represents injured workers in Dallas on contingency. We do not get paid unless we win your workplace accident case.
Learn more about how we can help by calling our Dallas, TX, law office today.
We Handle All Types of Workplace Accident Cases in Dallas
While Texas is home to some of the most dangerous industries in the nation, it’s possible to get hurt while working any type of job in Dallas.
At the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we have spent more than 25 years representing injured workers in the Dallas metro area. No matter what you do for a living, our workplace accident attorney can provide the help you need.
We represent clients in workplace accident cases involving:
- Trucking accidents
- Logging accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Warehouse accidents
- Gas and oil field accidents
- Construction accidents
- Waste collection accidents
- Roofing accidents
- Transportation accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Fires and explosions
Don’t hesitate to reach out to a member of our legal team if you or a loved one has recently suffered injuries on the job in Dallas. We’re here to help you make sense of your options and answer any questions you have.
What Compensation Can I Recover If I’m Injured On the Job in Dallas?
There are two potential options for recovering compensation after a workplace accident in Dallas – workers’ compensation benefits and damages through a lawsuit.
Your path to a financial recovery will ultimately depend on whether or not your employer has workers’ compensation insurance (and if you’re covered).
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Workers’ compensation isn’t mandatory in Texas. Instead, employers can opt into the state’s system, choose to carry a policy of their own, or forego insurance altogether.
If your employer has workers’ compensation insurance and you’re a qualifying employee, then you’ll be entitled to receive benefits for:
- Medical benefits
- Temporary income benefits (70-75 percent of your average weekly wage for up to 104 weeks)
- Impairment benefits (70 percent of your average weekly wage based on the degree of your disability)
- Supplemental and/or lifetime income benefits
In Texas, workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. So, you can receive benefits regardless of your role in causing the workplace accident. At the same time, there are limits on what types of compensation you can receive and how much those benefits are worth.
This can prevent claims against your employer unless you are killed on the job and your employer was grossly negligent. Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers has handled and tried these types of cases. If someone else cause you injuries that was not your employer, we can help you to recover from those individuals. For example, if you are delivering a package for your work and you are rear-ended by an 18-wheeler, you are allowed to go after the trucking company that rear ended you.
Damages in a Workplace Accident Lawsuit
If your employer doesn’t carry workers’ compensation, or if a third party contributed to your workplace accident, then you reserve the right to file a lawsuit seeking damages.
This provides a greater opportunity to recover compensation for your workplace accident. Through a lawsuit, you’re not just limited to economic damages. You can seek non-economic awards, as well.
Potential compensation can include money for:
- Present and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages and benefits
- Lost job opportunities
- Personal care assistance
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Physical scarring
- Damage to reputation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Emotional distress
With a lawsuit, the option for punitive damages might also be on the table. However, punitive damages are reserved for cases where there’s substantial evidence to show that a defendant’s actions were grossly negligent or intentionally harmful.
Workplace Accidents Can Cause Serious, Debilitating Injuries
A work-related injury can really impact every aspect of your life. While money won’t ensure that you make a speedy or full recovery, it can help to offset the burdens and stress the injury has caused.
At the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re ready to help you demand compensation for all of your workplace accident injuries:
- Broken bones
- Crush injury
- Chest injury
- Internal injury
- Nerve damage
- Vision or hearing loss
- Eye injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Sprains and strains
- Work-related illness or disease
- Wrongful death of a family member in a fatal workplace accident
Make sure you report your accident as soon as you can and seek prompt medical treatment. These steps can help to set you up for a successful financial recovery down the line.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Dallas?
Despite the fact that workplaces in Dallas are heavily regulated by the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) and Texas state law, workers still suffer injuries and die on the job at alarming rates.
Unfortunately, many of these avoidable injuries happen when employers cut costs to save money, which puts workers at an increased risk of injury or death.
Some of the leading causes of workplace accidents in Dallas include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Traffic accidents
- Negligently maintained equipment
- Dangerous working conditions, often related to toxic exposure, inadequate safety equipment, and fall hazards
It’s important to take a close look at a workplace accident to determine why and how it happened. Determining the cause(s) will be critical when identifying who could potentially be on the hook for resulting damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Workplace Injury Claim in Texas?
The statute of limitations depends on the type of workplace injury claim you file.
- Workers’ compensation: one year from the date of injury or discovery of that injury
- Workplace accident lawsuit: two years from the date of injury or wrongful death
It can be important to get a jumpstart on your workplace injury case long before the filing deadline approaches. Call our personal injury attorneys in Dallas for help as soon as you can.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Dallas Workplace Accident Lawyer
Did you recently get hurt while working in or around Dallas, Texas? Call Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers. You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries, and Dallas workplace accident lawyer Jay Murray can help you demand the full value of your case.
Put a top-rated Texas litigator with 25+ years of experience in your corner. Call our law office in Dallas, Texas, to set up a time for a free, no-obligation consultation today.
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics in Dallas
- 3D Physical Therapy – 3500 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 670, Dallas, TX 75219
- Vista Physical Therapy – Dallas, Katy Trail – 3535 Travis St #160, Dallas, TX 75204
- Athletico Physical Therapy – Dallas Downtown – 1201 Elm St #121, Dallas, TX 75270
- ATI Physical Therapy – 4015 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, TX 75219
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX