Did you or a loved one sustain injuries while riding your bike in Dallas, TX? Motor vehicle accidents involving bicycles can cause severe injuries. Our Dallas bicycle accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation. Call our law offices to schedule a free consultation at (214) 855-1420.
Our lawyer has been fighting to protect accident victims like you for over 25 years. We have the skills and experience to help you recover the fair compensation you deserve for any personal injury case including Dallas car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, Dallas brain injury cases, slip and fall cases, wrongful death, and more.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With My Bicycle Accident Claim in Dallas
If you want to recover full compensation after an accident, it’s smart to have our experienced Dallas personal injury attorneys in your corner. Recovering fair compensation is not as easy as it should be. A negligent driver might deny responsibility for the accident. The insurance company might even try to blame you.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, our Dallas personal injury attorney has over two decades of experience in personal injury law. We know how much is at stake, and we’re ready to use our experience to your advantage.
When you hire our law firm to handle your case, you can count on our legal team to:
- Provide sound legal guidance at all stages of your case
- Gather evidence to prove liability and causation
- Retain experts whose testimony can strengthen your personal injury claim
- Protect you when the insurance company pushes you to accept a lowball settlement
- Stand up for you when the insurance companies try to pin the blame on you
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
If you or a family member was injured in a bike accident, contact us today to learn more about how we can help. Remember, we work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay attorney’s fees if we recover compensation for you.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Dallas?
According to some reports, Texas, Florida, and California are the three most deadly U.S. states for bicyclists.
In 2021, 2,265 bicycle accidents occurred in the State of Texas. According to data published by the Texas Department of Transportation, 90 bicyclists were killed statewide that year. Another 332 cyclists suffered serious injuries. 1,046 bicyclists were fortunate to walk away with only minor injuries.
Dallas is particularly dangerous for cyclists. In the City of Dallas, only 5.3 miles of barrier-protected bike lanes exist. By comparison, Austin has over 50 miles of bike lanes that are protected from vehicle traffic by physical barriers.
What Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
All personal injury cases are slightly different. To determine your case value, our lawyers must first examine all of the details.
During the valuation process, our lawyers will examine:
- The overall severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis for making a full recovery
- Whether you are expected to suffer any long-term impairment
- How the injury impacts your ability to earn a living, now and in the future
- The cost of your medical treatment and other out-of-pocket costs
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and ability to enjoy life’s activities
- Whether you share any fault for the accident
- The amount of insurance coverage that is available
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we have years of experience helping clients with cases similar to yours. We’ll do everything possible to help you recover the fair compensation you deserve. Just call for your free initial consultation today.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Bicycle Accident Injuries?
In a successful personal injury case, the victim can recover compensation to cover all expenses incurred because of the accident and injury. This part of your settlement is your economic damages. You can also seek compensation for your non-economic damages. These are your personal, non-financial losses (such as pain and suffering).
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Current medical expenses
- The cost of future medical care
- Lost wages while you recover
- Reduced future earning potential
- Nursing care and in-home assistance
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Chronic pain
- Loss of consortium
Some of these damages can be difficult to prove. Insurance companies often take advantage of bicycle accident victims who don’t have the resources to prove the value of intangible losses, such as pain and suffering. That’s where our lawyer in Dallas can help. We often bring in experts and specialists who can offer insight into these and other complex issues that may arise in your case.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Causing an Accident While Riding My Bike in Dallas?
Under Texas law, all parties who contribute to an accident can be held financially responsible. Injured parties are no exception. This is called comparative negligence. “Comparative negligence” is a legal concept that divides financial liability between all parties whose negligence contributed to an accident.
Texas follows modified comparative negligence rules. If you’re awarded compensation after an accident, your damages can be reduced to the extent that your own acts contributed to the accident. If you were 20% responsible, you can keep 80% of your settlement or verdict.
However, once your share of fault reaches 51%, you cannot recover any compensation at all. That gives insurance companies an incentive to try to blame you when you file a claim.
Our Dallas Bike Accident Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
If you were hit by a car while cycling, it’s very likely that you suffered serious injuries. Our lawyers handle all types of bike injury cases.
We often represent clients who have suffered:
- Crushing injuries
- Degloving injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Severe bruising and bleeding
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our lawyer is here to assist you whether you are expected to make a full recovery or suffer a permanent disability. Just give us a call to schedule a free case evaluation today.
What Are the Leading Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Dallas, TX?
Drivers are required to share the road with bicyclists. Unfortunately, many bike accidents occur because drivers fail to keep a proper lookout for cyclists on the road.
While many different factors can cause a bike accident, some of the most common causes include:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to bicyclists
- Lack of dedicated bike lanes and protective infrastructure
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Texting while driving
- Racing through an intersection to beat a red light
- Dangerous turns
- Aggressive driving
- Passing too close to the shoulder or sidewalk
- Dangerous road conditions and poor visibility
- Riding at night without proper reflective gear
Our Dallas bicycle accident attorney will conduct our own investigation to find out what happened. Once we understand the cause of your accident, we’ll work to identify all parties who can be held financially accountable for your damages.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Compensation After a Biking Accident in Texas?
In order to recover compensation after an accident, you must prove that someone else was responsible for the accident.
You must prove four separate elements, including:
- A legal duty of care existed
- The at-fault party breached the duty of care
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You sustained damages
The insurance company will want to see proof before they agree to pay your damages.
That evidence might include:
- Police and accident reports
- Traffic citations issued in connection with the accident
- Video surveillance footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos of the crash scene
- Evidence from the crash scene
- Medical records
- Statements from experts in accident reconstruction and other specialties
Evidence tends to be strongest when you can locate it quickly after an accident. Even if you’re still recovering from your injuries, contact our lawyer as soon as you can. We’ll start investigating while you focus your attention on your physical recovery.
How Long Do I Have To Seek Damages After a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
Texas has a strict two-year statute of limitations that applies in most personal injury cases. If you fail to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident, you lose your right to sue for damages.
It’s possible that you could have more or less time to act, depending on the facts of your case. However, one thing is always certain. If you miss the deadline, you forfeit your right to seek compensation for your losses.
Contact a Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation
Were you injured in a bicycle accident in the Dallas-Fort Worth area? Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about your legal options today. With our experienced Dallas bicycle accident attorney by your side, you’ll greatly improve your chances of recovering fair compensation.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Premises Liability Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers
Dallas, TX Emergency Rooms
- Baylor University Medical Center, part of Baylor Scott & White Health Emergency Room – 3500 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX 75246, United States
- ER of Texas Uptown – 3607 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75219, United States
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center Emergency Room – 1441 N Beckley Ave, Dallas, TX 75203, United States
- Parkland Health Emergency Room – 5200 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235, United States
- Highland Park Emergency Room – 5150 Lemmon Ave #108, Dallas, TX 75209, United States
Recent Blog Posts
- What Is the Difference Between Negligence and Negligence Per Se?
- How Are Lost Wages Calculated in Texas?
- Can You Switch Personal Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX?
- The Different Types of Negligence in Dallas Personal Injury Claims
- Can You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against the Government in Dallas, Texas?
Our Dallas Client Reviews
See the review here.
Read more of our Google reviews.