Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you know firsthand how devastating these types of accidents can be. Our Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer is dedicated to fighting for your rights and seeking justice for victims of motorcycle crashes in Dallas. Contact the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation at (214) 855-1420.
With more than 25 years of experience in personal injury law, we have a proven track record of success and want to help you get the compensation you deserve, our law firm has recovered tens of millions for injured victims of Dallas truck accidents, car accidents, pedestrian accidents, wrongful death claims, brain injury cases, and more. We offer personalized care and attentive service throughout the entire process, so if you’ve been injured in an accident in Dallas, TX, let us help.
How the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Dallas, Texas
Navigating the legal system can be complex and overwhelming after an accident in Dallas, TX – especially when you’re dealing with painful injuries. That’s where the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers comes in. Jay understands the hazards of riding a motorcycle, as he has been licensed to ride a motorcycle for over 20 years.
Here’s what our Dallas personal injury lawyers will do to help you after a motorcycle collision:
- We will gather evidence to present to the insurance company or at trial, such as medical records, hospital bills, witness statements, photos, and video footage.
- We will cover all the costs associated with your case, including experts, filing fees, and accident reconstructionists. That way, you can focus solely on your recovery and leave the rest to us.
- We will file all insurance claims and paperwork within the deadline to ensure you have the best chance at success.
- We will answer your questions and keep you updated throughout the process so that you’re never left wondering what’s going on.
If you have been injured in a Dallas motorcycle crash, it is important to choose the right personal injury attorney to represent you. Contact the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers today to speak with an experienced Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Motorcycle accidents are incredibly dangerous because of the rider’s lack of protection when compared with other motor vehicle occupants. Unfortunately, they are quite common as well.
Motorcyclists make up about 12% of all traffic fatalities statewide. 2020 and 2021 saw a high number of deaths due to motorcycle accidents in Texas.
The total number of crashes involving motorcycles rose by almost 20% to 7,481 across the state in 2020, resulting in 1,856 serious injuries and 482 deaths.
In 2021, 521 motorcyclists died in crashes in Texas. Forty-five percent of those killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the accident.
What is My Dallas Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Every case is different, but some of the most common factors that will affect all claims include the following:
Type/Severity of Injury and Medical Expenses
The type and severity of the injury sustained in an accident can greatly affect the potential value of a claim. Generally speaking, those who suffer from more serious injuries will be eligible for higher settlements or verdicts than those who experience minor ones.
However, even if the injury is minor, it’s important to keep track of all medical expenses related to treatment, as this will influence the final valuation of your case.
The Likelihood of Winning at Trial
If the insurance company believes that you have a good chance of winning your case should it go to trial, they’re more likely to offer you a satisfactory settlement rather than take their chances in court.
On the other hand, if you don’t have much evidence and they don’t think you are likely to prevail, their offer may not be very good.
The Liable Party’s Insurance Coverage
When assessing the value of a claim, make sure to take into account the amount of insurance coverage the liable party holds. The higher their policy limits, the greater your chances of being compensated adequately.
The Experience of Your Dallas Personal Injury Attorney
Finally, having an experienced attorney on your side when filing a motorcycle accident claim is essential to achieving the best possible result. Experienced attorneys are well-versed in local laws and regulations and can effectively argue cases. With their help, you may be able to secure significant compensation for your losses.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available To Dallas Motorcycle Accident Victims?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages caused.
Here are the most common types available in motorcycle accident claims:
Economic damages refer to the financial losses that an accident victim experiences, like lost wages, medical bills, property damage, and other costs related to the injury.
Non-economic damages refer to the emotional pain and suffering experienced by a victim as a result of their injury. For example, this can include physical pain and mental anguish, loss of enjoyment in life activities, and compensation for disfigurement or scarring.
Non-economic damages are not always easy to calculate as they do not have an exact monetary value associated with them. However, they can still be a powerful factor when seeking a settlement.
In particularly egregious cases, victims may be eligible to receive punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. These damages are meant to punish defendants for their reckless or malicious behavior and deter similar conduct from occurring again in the future.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed for a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
In Texas, the modified comparative negligence rule applies when determining liability in motor vehicle accidents. This rule states that a plaintiff can still recover damages even if they were partially at fault, provided their degree of fault does not exceed 50%.
For instance, if you were found to be 40% responsible for an accident and the other driver was 60% at fault, you can still recover damages despite your responsibility.
It’s important to understand that any compensation you receive will be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. Using the example above, if you were awarded $100,000, you would be entitled to 60% of it, or $60,000.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Every year, thousands of people are injured or killed in motorcycle accidents. While some of these accidents are minor, many result in severe and life-altering injuries that require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation, such as spinal cord injuries. Some even result in the wrongful death of a family member.
Some of the most common injuries that occur include the following:
Road rash is one of the most common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents. This type of injury occurs when the skin comes into contact with rough surfaces such as asphalt or gravel following an accident.
Broken Bones and Fractures
Fractures occur when bones are broken or cracked due to extreme force or pressure applied during a crash.
Head trauma and traumatic brain injuries are some of the most severe injuries associated with motorcycle accidents. They can cause long-term damage, including memory loss, impaired speech and motor skills, personality changes, vision problems, nausea, dizziness, hearing loss, and even death in extreme cases.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Understanding what causes these accidents is the first step to avoiding them.
Here are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Poorly maintained roads
- Poor visibility because of weather conditions
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper or illegal turns or lane changes
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Defective parts
Our Dallas motorcycle accident attorneys will investigate your collision to determine how it happened and who is responsible.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
After a Texas motorcycle accident, you must prove four elements of negligence to be successful in a personal injury claim. The four elements are:
Duty of Care – To establish negligence, a duty of care must exist. In motorcycle accident cases, there is a duty of care that requires all parties on the road to exercise reasonable caution when driving to avoid any foreseeable harm.
Breach of Duty – Next, you must prove that the party responsible for the accident violated the duty of care. For instance, if a driver is going above the speed limit or runs a red light when they cause an accident, they have breached the duty of care.
Causation – The third element is causation, which links the breach of duty to the accident. There must be a causal connection between the at-fault party’s actions and the accident that caused your injuries.
Damages – Finally, you must be able to prove that there were tangible losses or injuries sustained as a result of someone else’s negligent behavior. For example, if you were injured in the accident and have medical expenses and repair costs, the negligent driver should be responsible for these costs.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit after a motorcycle accident is generally two years from the date of the incident. Failure to file within this window may result in your forfeiting your right to compensation for damages suffered.
However, there may be exceptions in certain cases, such as if the injured person was a minor or if the defendant left the state after the accident. Consulting an experienced Dallas personal injury attorney can help ensure you don’t miss any key deadlines.
Contact Our Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
We understand the impact that motorcycle accidents can have on victims and families. We will do whatever it takes to ensure you get the compensation you deserve after being in a motorcycle accident in Texas. For legal assistance, contact the Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a consultation with a Dallas motorcycle accident attorney.
- Atlas Chiropractic – 2811 McKinney Ave #240, Dallas, TX 75204, United States
- The Joint Chiropractic – 7700 W Northwest Hwy Suite #200, Dallas, TX 75225, United States
- 100% Chiropractic – Dallas – 7324 Gaston Ave #118, Dallas, TX 75214, United States
- Perez Chiropractic & Wellness: Dr. Erica Perez – 6116 N Central Expy Suite 160, Dallas, TX 75206, United States
- Inwood Chiropractic And Wellness Center – 5310 Harvest Hill Suite 135, Dallas, TX 75230, United States
Additional Dallas Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Texas Motorcycle Accident Guide – Enjuris
- Motorcyclist Fatalities and Injuries Statistics – Texas Department of Transportation
- Dallas Emergency Contacts – Dallas County
- Motorcycle Safety: Helmets, Motorists, Road Awareness – NHTSA
- Helmet Laws and Motorcycle Accident Cases – FindLaw
Related Motorcycle Accident Blog Posts
- How Expensive Is It To Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX?
- When Do You Need to Hire a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer?
- FAQs: Car Accident Reports in Texas
Our Dallas Client Reviews
Read more of our client reviews here.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Premises Liability Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX