If you were hit by a car walking around Dallas, TX, you may be entitled to compensation. Pedestrian accident injuries can be both painful and expensive to treat. Our experienced Dallas pedestrian accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost income, and more.
Since we opened our doors, we’ve fought fiercely on behalf of our injured clients. Our lawyer has over 25 years of experience–and we’re ready to put our skills to work for you.
How Can Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Help With a Pedestrian Accident Case in Dallas, TX?
You may feel overwhelmed after a pedestrian accident. These accidents can cause injuries that can take an enormous toll on both you and your family. Recovering fair compensation can be a challenge without an experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer to help you take on the insurance companies.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve dedicated our entire practice to helping accident victims like you. We have the experience and resources to help you get back on your feet again.
When you hire our legal team to protect your rights after an accident, you can rest assured that we can:
- Conduct a full investigation into the accident
- Gather and analyze all available evidence
- Limit the effectiveness of any allegations that you caused the accident
- Identify your damages and assess their value
- Determine who is legally responsible for paying your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Protect you in court if your case goes to trial
Contact us today to learn more about how our trusted Dallas personal injury attorneys can help you recover the money you need and deserve after an accident.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Dallas?
According to research conducted by the Governor’s Highway Safety Administration, pedestrian fatalities reached their highest level in 40 years in 2021. A total of 7,485 pedestrians were killed in motor vehicle accidents across the United States in that single year.
Unfortunately, Texas is one of the ten most dangerous states in the country for pedestrians. Overall, 824 people were killed in pedestrian accidents in 2021, in addition to 1,381 serious injuries and 1,937 minor injuries.
Sadly, pedestrian deaths in Dallas have been on the rise since 2018.
What Is My Dallas Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Personal injury cases are all slightly different. Even when very similar injuries are involved, the victim’s losses can be dramatically different.
Many different factors can either increase or reduce the value of your personal injury claim, including:
- The nature of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment and expenses
- Your lost income during recovery
- Whether the injury limits your future earning potential
- The types of ongoing medical care or rehabilitation you will require
- How your quality of life was impacted by the accident and injury
- The strength of your negligence case
The valuation process is extremely fact-specific. You also must consider all possible future expenses and losses. It’s important to keep that in mind when the insurance company is trying to pressure you into accepting a fast settlement.
Rather than accept a settlement that doesn’t account for all of your losses, it’s always a good idea to consult an experienced attorney. Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about how a Dallas pedestrian accident attorney can fight for you.
What Kinds of Compensation Can I Recover For My Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
If someone else’s wrongful, careless, or reckless acts caused your injury, you have the right to seek compensation from all responsible parties. Your compensatory damages should include economic awards and non-economic awards.
Your economic damages award may include money for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Lost career opportunities and diminished earning capacity
- Nursing assistance
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
Your non-economic damages award could include compensation for things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If your case goes to trial, you could also be entitled to seek punitive damages. These types of damages are only available in rare cases. For example, you may be entitled to punitive damages if your accident was caused by a defendant’s intentional acts or wanton disregard for human life.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Causing a Pedestrian Accident in Dallas?
It’s possible that you could recover compensation if you were partly responsible for a pedestrian accident. Under Texas law, your damages will be reduced if your percentage of fault is 50% or less. Once your share of fault reaches 51%, you cannot recover any compensation at all under Texas modified comparative negligence rules.
If you’re 20% responsible for the accident, you can take home 80% of your compensation. That can mean your $200,000 settlement or verdict could be cut to $160,000.
The person who caused your accident won’t want to accept responsibility. That means you will likely be blamed for the accident. It’s important to fight back regardless of whether these allegations are legitimate. Contact our lawyer in Dallas to schedule a free case review to learn how we can help protect you.
Our Dallas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Pedestrians are incredibly vulnerable. If you’re hit by a car, you have nothing to protect yourself.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent pedestrian accident victims who have suffered:
- Crushing injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Road rash
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a family member
If you sustained injuries in an accident, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately. Some symptoms aren’t immediately obvious, and only a doctor can accurately determine the extent of your injuries.
Once you’ve received the medical care you deserve, contact our law firm for a free case evaluation. We’ll do everything we can to get the money you need and deserve.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Dallas, TX?
Most traffic accidents can be avoided. They occur because people make mistakes.
Some of the most common mistakes that cause pedestrian accidents in Dallas include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued or drowsy
- Texting while driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in intersections or crosswalks
- Lack of sidewalks
- High speed limits
- Inadequate lighting and limited visibility
- Poorly marked crosswalks
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
Additional factors can play a role in causing accidents. Often, more than one party is ultimately responsible for causing an accident. Under Texas law, each party can be held liable for their share of your damages.
Do you need help proving the cause of a pedestrian accident in Dallas? Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about how an experienced attorney can protect your legal right to compensation.
How Do I Prove I Deserve To Recover Damages After a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
The leading cause of pedestrian accidents is negligence.
To establish negligence, you must show that:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care, or made some type of mistake
- The breach of duty was the cause of the accident
- You suffered damages because of the crash
Proving causation can be difficult. You must show that the at-fault party made some type of mistake. You must also prove that the mistake was what caused your accident.
An experienced attorney can use many different types of evidence to prove negligence, including:
- Police reports
- Traffic citations
- Video surveillance footage
- Evidence from the crash scene
- Statements from someone who witnessed the accident
- Medical records
- Testimony from experts
Our lawyers have the resources to locate the strong evidence you need. Because critical evidence can disappear after a car accident, it’s important to take legal action quickly. Call our pedestrian accident lawyer today to learn more about your legal options.
How Long Do I Have To Seek Damages After a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
Under Texas personal injury laws, accident victims have only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. After two years pass, you can no longer enforce your right to compensation in court.
While the statute of limitations is a technical rule, courts enforce it strictly. To avoid missing out on the compensation you deserve after an accident, contact our lawyer to file a claim today.
Contact a Dallas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation
It’s important to seek legal advice as soon as possible after an accident. Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers today. We offer a free consultation where you can learn more about how an experienced Dallas pedestrian accident attorney can help you recover fair compensation.
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics in Dallas
- 3D Physical Therapy – 3500 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 670, Dallas, TX 75219
- Vista Physical Therapy – Dallas, Katy Trail – 3535 Travis St #160, Dallas, TX 75204
- Athletico Physical Therapy – Dallas Downtown – 1201 Elm St #121, Dallas, TX 75270
- ATI Physical Therapy – 4015 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, TX 75219
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers Dallas, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in Dallas, TX
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Dallas, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Dallas, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas, TX