Did you sustain an injury in a left-turn accident in Dallas, Texas? If another person caused the crash, you likely have a claim for compensation against them. Our experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer at Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover damages for your lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and more.
Our Dallas left-turn accident lawyer, Jay Murray, has more than 25 years of experience in the field. Since we opened our personal injury law firm, we’ve collected over $100 million for our deserving clients. If you hire us to represent you in your Dallas left-turn accident case, we’re confident that we’ll be able to help you secure a successful outcome.
How Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Left-Turn Accident in Dallas
As an “at-fault” car insurance state, Texas allows you to pursue a claim directly against the driver who caused your accident. However, it’s far from assured that their insurance company will offer you a settlement representing all your losses. Instead, it’s more likely that they’ll utilize every trick in the book to try and escape or reduce their liability for your claim. After all, that’s how they stay in business.
Hiring Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers allows you to level the playing field. You’ll have the full force of our legal team on your side, representing your interest every step of the way. Dallas car accident lawyer Jay Murray has been fighting for the rights of his clients for decades and knows how to stand up to even the most prominent insurance corporations. We can help with your left-turn accident case in Dallas, TX, by:
- Internally investigating your accident to determine all of your damages, collect evidence, and identify the at-fault party or parties
- Taking care of the insurance claims process from start to finish, including all of the necessary paperwork, communications, and procedures
- Negotiating with the party responsible for your accident to reach a settlement agreement
- In the event that the at-fault party refuses to settle, filing a lawsuit and taking them to court on your behalf
Contact our law office in Dallas today to set up your free case review. We’re here to help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) publishes annual crash statistics for every city and town in the state. As of this writing, the most recent motor vehicle accident statistics for Dallas are as follows:
- 2021: 35,355 crashes resulting in 227 fatalities and 9,639 possible injuries
- 2020: 32,022 crashes resulting in 225 fatalities and 9,442 possible injuries
- 2019: 36,859 crashes resulting in 184 fatalities and 12,581 possible injuries
On average, there are around 95 accidents in Dallas every single day based on these data.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Left-Turn Accident in Dallas, Texas?
Accident victims in Dallas, Texas, can recover two types of compensatory damages: economic and non-economic. In cases involving gross negligence, malice, or fraud, punitive damages could be available as well.
Economic and non-economic damages represent the financial losses you may have suffered, as well as the other consequences of the accident that are less easy to quantify. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Decreased earning capacity
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Repair costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- PTSD, anxiety, and other similar conditions
Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers today to speak with our experienced Dallas car accident attorney about the damages that may be available in your case.
How Much Is My Dallas Left-Turn Accident Case Worth?
While each left-turn accident case has a unique value based on the facts and circumstances involved, certain factors influence how much most are worth. These include:
- Your age at the time of the accident
- The types of injuries you have sustained
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether you share blame for the crash
- The terms of any applicable insurance policies
- The strength of the evidence in support of your claim
Sometimes, it can take expert assistance to accurately assess the value of a claim. However, this process is critical because you can only recover compensation for your injuries once.
At Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll cut no corners while evaluating your claim. From there, we’ll demand fair compensation from the at-fault party on your behalf.
Common Causes of Left-Turn Accidents in Dallas, TX
Left-turn accidents usually occur at intersections, as you might have expected. They also generally tend to occur for a few select reasons, such as:
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Inattentive driving
- Drunk driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drugged driving
- Lack of visibility
- Malfunctioning traffic lights
- Fatigued driving
If someone else caused your left-turn car crash, you might have a claim worth pursuing. Contact our Dallas car accident lawyer today to discuss your case free of charge.
How Much Time Do I Have To File a Left-Turn Accident Claim in Texas?
In Texas, you’ll have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim. This is the deadline established by the state’s statute of limitations. If you file your claim too late, you’ll lose the ability to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
However, there are exceptions to the statute of limitations in some cases. We recommend contacting a lawyer as soon as possible after an accident to protect your rights and confirm the correct deadline for your case.
Schedule a Free Case Review With Our Experienced Dallas Car Wreck Lawyer
If you were injured in a left-turn accident in Dallas, Texas, you might be able to hold the at-fault party liable for your losses. If you hire Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can focus on healing and recovering from the accident.
In the meantime, our Dallas left-turn accident attorney will work to secure the compensation that makes you whole again. We also work on a contingency fee basis, so you can hire us without paying any upfront costs. You also only need to pay us attorney’s fees if we win or settle your claim.
Call today to begin the process and set up your free consultation.Were you hurt in a motor vehicle accident involving a left turn in Dallas, Texas? Contact Jay Murray Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your legal options with an attorney.
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- How Long Will My Car Accident Take To Settle in Dallas, TX?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Dallas, Texas?
- Distracted Driving
- U-Turn Accidents
- Texas Child Car Seat Laws
- Dallas Car Accident FAQs
- Road Defects in Dallas, Texas
- DUI Accidents